cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campground to avoid

soje
Explorer
Explorer
FRIENDSHIP ACRES 2210 north highway 44 Rootstown Ohio.
Not so friendly.
In my 30 years RVing I have NEVER met such unfriendly,foul mouthed owners as these people.
I spent one night in Sept cause I was exhausted-BIG mistake.
I do wish no one to experience this. RVing should and usually is enjoyable.
I do not wish to offend anyone
39 REPLIES 39

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Wow - this thread is like an episode of survivor - posters teaming up and disparaging each other. Maybe I'll link it to one of those threads asking why people don't post here anymore.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
beemerphile1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

For some reason, pretty much unknown to me, my wife has taken a huge dislike to Ohio.

Smart woman.

Lakeside

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Fizz wrote:
Foul mouth or not.
I don't go to campgrounds to make friends with the management.
Pay your fee, don't buy anything, spend the night then head out.

We had a similar experience a few years ago where management was just awful. We completed our stay there (a weekend), but the initial "welcome" tainted the entire stay there. It loomed over our heads.

The initial "welcome" at check-in does set the entire tone for the entire experience. It's not easy to just "get over it" or "forget it" or "just move on in the morning."

For what it's worth, our "bad welcome experience" occurred at a campground not very far from where we live. We'd never been there before, but decided to try it. If the experience would have been positive, we'd probably visit it more. It is a nice campground, but we'll never go back.

So yes, the initial "Welcome" at check-in IS very important and how one is treated when first arriving will make a lasting impression forever. Remember, you can NEVER undo a first time impression.

Be kind to each other. Life is just too short to live it in misery.
First impressions cut both ways. How a customer acts at check in is our first impression also. People wouldn't believe the things we have encountered over the years. There have been some instances where politeness and a smile would be an unacceptable response.

Very good, western park owner. There is always two sides to every story. I am not sticking up for the CG host. I am merely stating, you made a good point.

Thanks for sharing.

Lakeside

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Well, yeah, Ohio is on my list of places to visit too, right there with Three Mile Island, and the DMV.

What prompts that denigrating remark?
For some reason, pretty much unknown to me, my wife has taken a huge dislike to Ohio. In order to keep peace, we assiduously avoid the state. Personally I have nothing against it, but needs must.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Well, yeah, Ohio is on my list of places to visit too, right there with Three Mile Island, and the DMV.

What prompts that denigrating remark?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Glad to see you took action to make sure the situation didn't escalate(insert sarcasm emoji). While anything is possible, I find it hard to believe that the only conversation was you saying "hi, my name is X, here is my money for the night" and the owner's reply was as you stated. Bet the truth is there is a bit more that happened prior to the owner's final comments. Like the previous poster noted, the evidence is starting to build against you.

No need to speculate. Having done business with the man several times, the OP's report sounds about right. I never had trouble with the guy but many of my friends have.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
jplante4 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

Don't dismiss the Air Force Museum at Wright-Pat.

The AF museum at WP is amazing. You can spend two days there easily. I spent 3 hours after a business trip, and barely scratched the surface.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google overall 4.2 stars. 80 reviews. Lots of positives. A fair number of comments about rude management/owner.

Reading the reviews on Google, I'd probably look elsewhere unless it was the only place available where I wanted to be.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Don't dismiss the Air Force Museum at Wright-Pat.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
.FJ12RYDER read my first two post. I know their are unpleasant customers as well as unpleasant campground owners. When a group of people decide collectively to not patronize a business for the same reason the OP stated I tend to side with them, right or wrong. It really doesn't mater since I do not plan on camping in Ohio in the foreseeable future it's a moot point.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
soje wrote:
I WAS HOPING TO SAVE SOME UNEXPECTING RV`ER THE TROUBLE

As mentioned earlier your best bet would be to post a review on
http://www.campgroundreviews.com

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
OP, hang around here enough and youll find many cranksters that will pick and find fault with Anything. Literally Anything.
Just block them and move on.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
So one side of the story is all it takes huh?

Personally from the way the OP got totally bent out of shape by people daring to ask questions, it sounds like it may not be completely one-sided.
Since you directed that at me I will answer. Did you read Beemerphile1 post? To many other campgrounds to choose this one. If you find this behavior acceptable your money your choice. Just like it's my money my choice.
That may be true, but you were replying to the OP's post, not beemerphile, nor did you reference his post. I did read his post.

But mostly the OP seems unpleasant enough that I have issues believing there isn't more to the story than just his side.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"