Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: campground to avoid
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> campground to avoid

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
amxpress

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Similar complaints on YELP. Seems there’s an old guy in the office with a potty mouth. CG doesn’t sound inviting. Couldn’t find the CG on rvreviews.com, no reviews. Must be a popular place.

2007 Dodge RAM 2500 Quad Cab w/6.7 Cummins
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
Reese 15K Pro Series manual slide
Prodigy
Firestone Air Bags
Champion 3500 genny
M.I.L is out of state, out of touch, and out of her mind

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 05:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Foul mouth or not.
I don't go to campgrounds to make friends with the management.
Pay your fee, don't buy anything, spend the night then head out.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

Foul mouth or not.

We had a similar experience a few years ago where management was just awful. We completed our stay there (a weekend), but the initial "welcome" tainted the entire stay there. It loomed over our heads.

The initial "welcome" at check-in does set the entire tone for the entire experience. It's not easy to just "get over it" or "forget it" or "just move on in the morning."

For what it's worth, our "bad welcome experience" occurred at a campground not very far from where we live. We'd never been there before, but decided to try it. If the experience would have been positive, we'd probably visit it more. It is a nice campground, but we'll never go back.

So yes, the initial "Welcome" at check-in IS very important and how one is treated when first arriving will make a lasting impression forever. Remember, you can NEVER undo a first time impression.

Be kind to each other. Life is just too short to live it in misery.

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

I think anyone that has RV'ed for a while has run into a less then desirable campground. I can think of a couple that I will never return to.

yup

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Fizz wrote:

Foul mouth or not.

We had a similar experience a few years ago where management was just awful. We completed our stay there (a weekend), but the initial "welcome" tainted the entire stay there. It loomed over our heads.

The initial "welcome" at check-in does set the entire tone for the entire experience. It's not easy to just "get over it" or "forget it" or "just move on in the morning."

For what it's worth, our "bad welcome experience" occurred at a campground not very far from where we live. We'd never been there before, but decided to try it. If the experience would have been positive, we'd probably visit it more. It is a nice campground, but we'll never go back.

So yes, the initial "Welcome" at check-in IS very important and how one is treated when first arriving will make a lasting impression forever. Remember, you can NEVER undo a first time impression.

First impressions cut both ways. How a customer acts at check in is our first impression also. People wouldn't believe the things we have encountered over the years. There have been some instances where politeness and a smile would be an unacceptable response.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The grumpy foul mouthed person at check in does not stay with us. Everyone has their issues. As long as they don't bother us during the stay, fine, chock it up to experience & maybe don't stop there again.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

DutchmenSport wrote:

Fizz wrote:

Foul mouth or not.

First impressions cut both ways. How a customer acts at check in is our first impression also. People wouldn't believe the things we have encountered over the years. There have been some instances where politeness and a smile would be an unacceptable response.
First impressions are not always accurate sometimes you get the camper from hades. Have a good friend that is a campground owner and after hearing some of the things that have happened, I couldn't deal with it. Any thoughts of owning a campground quickly evaporated.

I would probably be the grumpy old man people would complain about. Dealing with John Q Public isn't always a bowl of cherries.

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's true about the cranky management at Friendship Acres. Our Good Sam chapter used to camp there with about 12 - 15 rigs once a year. The chapter members voted to stop because of the management's poor attitude.

On the other hand I do know a full timer that stays there all summer and has no problems.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

run100

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For us, we're picky who we give our hard-earned money to. Even if a business offers a good product, if their service is rude or not up to our expectations, we will not return. Of course, we will give an establishment a second chance, but it's unlikely they would see us a third time.

2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

soje

oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 11:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rr2254545 wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Must have been REALLY Awful ....1 night in Sept and its now mid NOV

x2 Really strange

I am terribly SORRY that I have attracted the ire SENIOR members since you are experts in the trade
and I don`t need your krap
I have been busy since my return late Oct.
I WAS HOPING TO SAVE SOME UNEXPECTING RV`ER THE TROUBLE
Here is the situation:
Paid my registration and fee-upon leaving Old man says "now get the F outta here" and gives the fingerwave. I just shook my head and told the son to keep him on a short chain.
Residents I spoke with were actually nice and friendly and several said we all know he and his son are ^^&&TR$%$%$`s but we just live with it

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> campground to avoid
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS