cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Recommendations for a Replacement Water Pump

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I need to replace the Shurflo 2088-403-444 water pump that is in my Holiday Rambler motorhome. This pump is 2.8 GPM, 4 Amps, 40 PSI and I'm looking for something about the same to replace it. I'm finding a lot of models and brands out there and I'm hoping for some recommendations. Thank you.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO
8 REPLIES 8

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
One thing for sure check around for the best price and compare the exact same model number on the Pump as well as on the Box!
Recently at the Arizona Marketplace in Yuma I found the exact same item for Three different prices at the Three Vendors of RV related merchandise!

A Hint ....donโ€™t buy from the First Vendor you come to!

Shop them all and compare the items you need!

My Pump cost Me $69.00 US + Tax
I saved $40. But could have only saved $20.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Even with modern restrictive fixtures, a pump that puts out more volume and pressure will make them function MUCH better than a smaller pump. By "better" I mean they will flow more water with better pressure.
I have a very good pump (no longer abvail.) I've been moving from trailer to trailer that makes all the difference.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Regardless of how many gallons per minute a pump is capable of pumping, the shower head on your shower, the kitchen faucet, and even the flow of water in your toilet, all have step down or restrictive water savers built into them that will permit only so much water to flow. Any water pump or water source (if plugged into a garden hose) will not change the amount of water that comes out of the end of your faucet. So, might as well replace with just about any water pump that fits your budget.

Don't believe me, remove the shower head off your shower and catch the water in a bucket. Time it and see how long it takes to fill. Now do the same thing with the shower head on, and you'll find it take twice or even three times longer to fill the same bucket.

Take a look at the year of the OPs coach. 1989
He may not have flow restrictors.
The Federal Energy Policy Act of 1992 mandates that "all faucet fixtures manufactured in the United States restrict maximum water flow at or below 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) at 80 pounds per square inch (psi) of water pressure or 2.2 gpm at 60 psi.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I would get a later model of the Shur-flo pump.
Shur-flo pump

we went with this one too. Much quieter than our original one.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Regardless of how many gallons per minute a pump is capable of pumping, the shower head on your shower, the kitchen faucet, and even the flow of water in your toilet, all have step down or restrictive water savers built into them that will permit only so much water to flow. Any water pump or water source (if plugged into a garden hose) will not change the amount of water that comes out of the end of your faucet. So, might as well replace with just about any water pump that fits your budget.

Don't believe me, remove the shower head off your shower and catch the water in a bucket. Time it and see how long it takes to fill. Now do the same thing with the shower head on, and you'll find it take twice or even three times longer to fill the same bucket.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
To me, water pumps are water pumps (interchangeable). Pick one with a good price. 2.8gpm is not a high capacity pump. Anything you find will be usable. Put a filter on the inlet to protect it from debris.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced my older Shurflo pump with this one, and Iโ€™m happy with it. Itโ€™s quieter than the old pump. Iโ€™m not sure how it compares to a new Shurflo, though.

Aqua-PRO 21847

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would get a later model of the Shur-flo pump.
Shur-flo pump

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker