Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless migration to RVs creating problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless migration to RVs creating problems

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Camper8251

Gallatin Valley MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 02:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are in the NW (Seattle) congratulations and keep electing the fools you do, They give the homeless more rights than the taxpayers.

Lived there and got the hell out... Its a joke.......

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 02:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's a towable, on your property, hitch up and head for a landfill, if the folks inside scream too loudly, say you couldn't hear them over the sound of your big honkin diesel, and you had just assumed it was abandoned since you had not given anybody permission to park there.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

What is the solution to do with the thousands of people homeless on the streets?
Going to be difficult but should not become a burden for the RV industry.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

It just amazes me that as a private land owner, someone can park their RV on my property, and squat there and I can't boot them off? Is that not, by definition, trespassing? Landowners in your county are actually experiencing that, and can't do anything about it?

Mike.. Laws vary from place to place.. I worked, for a period, for a towing company. We towed many vehicles off private property. Either at the request of the property owner (If the vehicle was not authorized on that property) or the police (If it violated some laws about abandoned vehicles on private property) .

Now I can not tell you how to go about getting a vehicle towed where you live. but I can tell you there is a way. and where I worked the vehicle owner of record was responsible for all charges. or we owned the car/vehicle one or the other.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Lwiddis

Monterey, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“There seems to be a trend for the homeless to get an old RV and live on the streets.”

That “trend” is over 15 years old in Los Angeles County. Thousands of them.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper8251 wrote:

If you are in the NW (Seattle) congratulations and keep electing the fools you do, They give the homeless more rights than the taxpayers.

Lived there and got the hell out... Its a joke.......

Yup.. same reason I will never move back. Left in 1981, only visited a handful of times since. Californians move there and turned it into what it is today.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

What is the solution to do with the thousands of people homeless on the streets?

Yet we keep importing millions of people here without solving our own issues that are growing rapidly. This is not sustainable.

I hear a lot of complaints but no one offering suggestions to solving the problem that does not involve billions of our tax dollars! No more free stuff.

It is expensive to live here, housing is costly.

We need affordable housing on bus lines that will get people to work.

Many are on drugs and have mental issues and just do not care. It is out of control.

They are relaxing the laws and now people can do whatever they please with NO consequences and innocent people suffer for it.

Rudy Guilani cleaned up New York. Now it is a disaster again.

We need to stop throwing money at these problems that have zero results.

We build tent cities for people who are not our citizens and should not be here, but do not build them for our own. It is disgraceful to see our cities laying in waste.

We have a real crisis on our hands and should be very concerning to us all.

I can see why they are using RV's for shelters, but there needs to be somewhere set up for them to go. Then that creates a whole host of other problems, water, sewage, electric, drugs, crime and trash.

Well said. I tried to send you a PM complementing you on your statement, but you know how that worked out.

Thanks for your well thought out input.

Lakeside

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Yet we keep importing millions of people here without solving our own issues that are growing rapidly. This is not sustainable.

I hear a lot of complaints but no one offering suggestions to solving the problem that does not involve billions of our tax dollars! No more free stuff.

It is expensive to live here, housing is costly.

We need affordable housing on bus lines that will get people to work.

Many are on drugs and have mental issues and just do not care. It is out of control.

They are relaxing the laws and now people can do whatever they please with NO consequences and innocent people suffer for it.

Rudy Guilani cleaned up New York. Now it is a disaster again.

We need to stop throwing money at these problems that have zero results.

We build tent cities for people who are not our citizens and should not be here, but do not build them for our own. It is disgraceful to see our cities laying in waste.

We have a real crisis on our hands and should be very concerning to us all.

I can see why they are using RV's for shelters, but there needs to be somewhere set up for them to go. Then that creates a whole host of other problems, water, sewage, electric, drugs, crime and trash.

Well said. I tried to send you a PM complementing you on your statement, but you know how that worked out.

Thanks for your well thought out input.

Lakeside

Thank you.

I sent you a PM. Hope you got it.

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/17/19 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Going to be difficult but should not become a burden for the RV industry.

I agree, it should not become a burden for the RV industry. I already see too many permanents, who are homeless, and RV parks are declining and becoming trashed because of it.

These people are getting the cheap old RVs to live in. They got wind of that jackpot. Now it is an epidemic. Our cities are headed right to 3rd world status. Many already are. What a monumental mess!

We need tougher laws and enforce them. They do not want to pay for these people to be put in jail, so they let them off on drug charges and crimes.

Our jails are already overcrowded, and many of them in our jails and prisons are not even our citizens. We foot the bill for that too, in the billions.

But then they want taxpayers to foot the bill for billions of dollars of free housing for the homeless. Good grief! I do not want to pay for their free housing to sit around and do drugs and trash it.

We do not have a money (revenue) problem, we have the means to solve these problems for OUR country.

We have an incompetent government full of politicians making bad policies and destroying our cities, our peace, and our prosperity over foreigners who cost us billions of dollars.

Those in office are the directly responsible for this homeless problem and them resorting to living in these broken down RVs.

Sad indeed.

* This post was edited 11/17/19 04:47pm by lots2seeinmyrv *

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 04:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Walaby wrote:

It just amazes me that as a private land owner, someone can park their RV on my property, and squat there and I can't boot them off? Is that not, by definition, trespassing? Landowners in your county are actually experiencing that, and can't do anything about it?

Mike.. Laws vary from place to place.. I worked, for a period, for a towing company. We towed many vehicles off private property. Either at the request of the property owner (If the vehicle was not authorized on that property) or the police (If it violated some laws about abandoned vehicles on private property) .

Now I can not tell you how to go about getting a vehicle towed where you live. but I can tell you there is a way. and where I worked the vehicle owner of record was responsible for all charges. or we owned the car/vehicle one or the other.
If you end up owning an abandoned RV that can be the gift that keeps on giving (grief to you, the new owner, that is).

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless migration to RVs creating problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.