Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Homeless migration to RVs creating problems
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless migration to RVs creating problems

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Anyone old enough to remember when it only took one income to buy a house, car, feed the kids and enjoy life?
Now it's pretty much mandatory that there be two incomes. So which came 1st, high prices or two income families?

Two incomes due to buying too much "stuff", new cars, cars for the kid, college, sports, large homes, 6 cell phones, laptops, vacations, RVs, boats, TV in every room, new clothes, nails done, internet, Direct TV, eat out all the time, shop, shop, shop, instant gratification, mired in debt.

Also, high school kids worked for their extra money, and did chores. We did not get much allowance or everything we wanted not like today, we worked.

Keep buying all that "stuff" and you need 3 incomes.

I remember wearing hand me down clothes, mom shopping at garage sales for furniture, etc.

It is expensive to live in this country and we cannot continue to allow millions upon millions of foreigners and their offspring come here and pay their bills out of our wallets too.

No wonder we are broke and people on the verge of homelessness and our local and state budgets are shot, schools in disrepair and teachers cannot make ends meet, overcrowded classes. Healthcare costs through the roof and they pay nothing...WE pay for that too.

We cannot pay our own bills. How do wages rise if we keep bringing in "cheap" labor by the millions and they cannot afford medical, housing, school, food, etc. This is absurd.

22 trillion in debt but let's shell out the free stuff here and all across the world [emoticon]

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 11:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

We all have the same opportunities in this country.

Not hardly.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$22T debt/327M people = $67,000 debt for every person and double that for working adults.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This has turned into a "Haves against the Have Nots" thread. Take out the people that inherited or married their fortune and there will be a lot less of the "Haves". Deduct the "Being in the right place at the right time" crowd and fewer yet will remain. Ignore those who were born on third base and thought they had hit a triple people folks. The few that remain are unlikely to put down their less fortunate neighbors. In fact, they might try to help them.

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Not hardly.

How not hardly? How so?

They do not have a brain to think for themselves? Stay out of trouble? We have access to so much information on the internet than ever before. Is ignorance an excuse now, gee "I didn't know"?

No will to pay attention in school? No access to teachers or counselors in our schools? No books to study? Go to Church for support? No opportunity to choose their friends wisely and stay out of trouble?

No opportunity to work one job? Two jobs to get ahead? Get roommates to save money? I did that much of my life.

Volunteer? Use the Library? Use the many programs available to help people? Get counseling?

People do not have access to birth control?

No access to school, community college?

No opportunity to joining the military as a means to get out of a bad situation, earn a paycheck, have a bed, a meal, and training? No opportunity to join the Reserves for extra income? And yes, I did that too. Both active duty and reserves AND worked 40 hour work week and took classes at night.

No access to move anywhere in this country for work and better living conditions? I have moved over 28 times back and forth all across this country in my life for jobs. Not by choice, for survival.

Pull the poor me card? The race card? I also lived in the projects with my single mother that had 3 kids after our father left us. Guess we could have just stayed there the last 50 years and say we had "no opportunity" to get out and created 3 more generations of kids on the government dole.

This is the greatest country on Earth, "not hardly" excuse does not cut it, neither does "poor me" anymore.

* This post was edited 11/21/19 12:55pm by lots2seeinmyrv *

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

$22T debt/327M people = $67,000 debt for every person and double that for working adults.

Now triple that debt with all the "free" stuff these imbeciles want to give away.

327M people and climbing with the 4 million pouring in, year after year after year, and their offspring they have while the numbers soar.

We will never recover from this.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

TechWriter wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Not hardly.

How not hardly? How so?

They do not have a brain to think for themselves? Stay out of trouble? We have access to so much information on the internet than ever before. Is ignorance an excuse now, gee "I didn't know"?

No will to pay attention in school? No access to teachers or counselors in our schools? No books to study? Go to Church for support? No opportunity to choose their friends wisely and stay out of trouble?

No opportunity to work one job? Two jobs to get ahead? Get roommates to save money? I did that much of my life.

Volunteer? Use the Library? Use the many programs available to help people? Get counseling?

No opportunity to joining the military as a means to get out of a bad situation, earn a paycheck, have a bed, a meal, and training? No opportunity to join the Reserves for extra income? And yes, I did that too. Both active duty and reserves AND worked 40 hour work week and took classes at night.

No access to move anywhere in this country for work and better living conditions? I have moved over 28 times back and forth all across this country in my life for jobs. Not by choice, for survival.

Pull the poor me card? The race card? I also lived in the projects with my single mother that had 3 kids after our father left us. Guess we could have just stayed there the last 50 years and say we had "no opportunity" to get out and created 3 more generations of kids on the government dole.

This is the greatest country on Earth, "not hardly" excuse does not cut it, neither does "poor me" anymore.
Accepting this as factual requires people to accept personal responsibility for their failures in life. Isn't going to happen.

bid_time

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

TechWriter wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Not hardly.

How not hardly? How so?

Accepting this as factual requires people to accept personal responsibility for their failures in life. Isn't going to happen.
No, it's much easier just to tax the people that made something out of their life.

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 01:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

TechWriter wrote:

lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Not hardly.

How not hardly? How so?

Read this from Forbes.

* This post was edited 11/21/19 01:32pm by jplante4 *

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We all do NOT have the same IQ, nor the same opportunities.
It's better for me not to argue this.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Homeless migration to RVs creating problems
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.