cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Toyota RAV4 FWD

dmitch91950
Explorer
Explorer
My Question about my 2019 Toyota RAV4 FWD, What special thing need to be done to the car before it can towed on a dolly. I know how to release the electronic brake, is there any thing else?

Thanks

Danny
8 REPLIES 8

dmitch91950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, The 2019 Toyota RAV4 Key-less ignition and has electronic/Electric brake, and I found a YouTube video from a Toyota dealer in South Carolina, that was posted showing on how to turn off the Electronic brake

Thanks

Danny

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I have been towing a 2006 RAV4 FWD (FRONT Wheel Drive) for several years on a Master Tow dolly with swivel pan. Simply drive on dolly, put in PARK, remove key (locks steering) tie down with straps and go. I do not have 'auto brake' on the RAV4, but if it requires the doors be closed to deactivate, then make sure the doors are closed and you're set to go.

If you use a dolly without the swivel pan, the steering must be unlocked.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't driven a 2019 Rav-4, but...

Generic warning for cars with electronic parking brakes: Many of them automatically engage when the driver-door is opened, to prevent rollaways if the driver forget to place the transmission in park.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Y-Guy
To echo what's been said REMCO Towing says
AWD - Must be towed using a trailer
FWD - Must be towed on a tow dolly. Please confirm in owner's manual.
They don't give any REMCO options.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
That manual is nuts!!! It shows with 2wd you can tow behind an RV with the rear on a dolly and the front on the ground on page 193.

Then on page 194 it says to not tow an AWD with any wheels on the ground, yet they show a pic with an "RV" using a dolly with the rear end on it and the front wheels on the ground with NO red circle???

So what is it? Go to page 615 about the "emergency" section and they show and say different things???

So, yes, I would have no idea what to do either? Been looking at the **** manual for 15 minutes now and still can't figure it out!

In the end, I'd just not figure on being about to tow a RAV4 with any wheels on the ground...

My wife has a 2003 RAV4 4wd and the manual (which is only 271 pages total) clearly shows that you can't tow it with any wheels on the ground..

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You aren't kidding, the owners manual is over 700 pages!!!
Not sure if by FWD you mean 4WD or Front WD?

FWIW, the same question was sent to eTrailer: Link for FWD. I would contact them regarding 4WD.

OK, I'm really bored so I looked and finally found it on page 615!!
Quote:
2WD models
Be sure to transport the vehicle
with the front wheels raised or
with all four wheels raised off the
ground.
AWD models
Be sure to transport the vehicle
with all four wheels raised off the
ground. If the vehicle is towed
with the tires contacting the
ground, the drivetrain or related
parts may be damaged...

Scott

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I tried looking in my daughter's owners manual. Not very user friendly!
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What does the manufacturer say?