cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

short bed extended

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
i need opinions concerning towing 5th wheel or bumper pull with an extended cab short bed f250.i have pulled our 5th wheel with a crew cab short bed with no problem but never an extended cab.worried about choppy ride due to shorter wheel base.
5 REPLIES 5

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the responses

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yup, tows fine, been using this set up last couple trucks. I've no need for a CC, and use the trucks on back roads when hunting. IMO, the shorter WB works better for towing a FW, due to a little quicker turning/backing input. My rig is pictured on profile page, and yes, that is my mighty hunting dog.

Jerry

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
A few miles with a TT and a lot of miles with a FW behind a short bed extended cab Chevy with zero issues with ride. I would imagine the ford would be the same.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
I believe those two configurations are the same length. The crew cab SD short bet is an 6.5 ft bed and the extended cab SD only comes with an 8 ft bed.

EDIT: Never mind, you can get an F250 extended cab with a 6.5' bed.

Good edit, because my dad owns one. It tows his fifth wheel fine. I doubt it rides any choppier than the same vintage SD with an 8' bed. Not enough to matter, anyway.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I believe those two configurations are the same length. The crew cab SD short bet is an 6.5 ft bed and the extended cab SD only comes with an 8 ft bed.

EDIT: Never mind, you can get an F250 extended cab with a 6.5' bed.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS