Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rough numbers...
1oz = 28 grams

Street prices $5 gram
Legal prices $10 gram

All in CND $

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 01:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

I have to agree, I'm 72, I don't smoke pot or tobacco
But I know people that do, I think most of us knows one or more users,
Nobody I know has ever paid close to $200 per ounce for weed
That $600k for 190# comes out to $197 per ounce '$treet value',
That's BS

Check around, $197 Per Oz. is definitely not out of line.

Plus, dealers will break it down into 1/4 and 1/8 oz. bags. They can sell four 1/4 oz. bags for more than it would cost to by a 1 oz. bag. The sum of the parts is greater than the sum of the whole.
It depends on the quality of the product.

That is where the inflated 'street prices' in news articles come from.

roam1

Gulf Breeze FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/19 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Californians transporting marijuana across state lines for profit? I don’t believe it. Must be a mistake!

probably just trying to pay his taxes.....

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I'm glad Michigan is progressive to weed. We really have had age related problems with legs,back and other aches but with MM we are doing well.
When we drive across the US we do get a little shaky going through the west and other southern states that are behind the 8 ball.
In the discussion of weed remember that weed stores get up to $30 a gram for it. I have COPD so I use the gummys and return to the 70's anytime we want to. I really am enjoying retirement more this year then in the last several, LOL

Bottom line I don't drive using it but at night by a campfire or going to a dance here in the park can be great fun. If you were never a flower child you have missed a lot.

My wife has fibromylagia, and suffered for years. With her CDL, she could never test positive. She's out of work right now and may be permanently out. For the first time in a decade, she's getting sleep at night, and surprising to me, how much her improved sleep impacted me.

For the "it's illegal" crowd, I hope you never have to go through what she's gone through.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/19 06:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HMMM! Lots of experts here!!!!!!! [emoticon] [emoticon]

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/19 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eveery time I come across a pot head PTD kicks in. It i hardwired, from things suffered in Nam.
It damages the brains of people, if they use it just a few times maybe once. ruined a CWO's life and nearly took it. Two of them high on Pot, did not install a locking ring on the driveshaft, to tail rotor properly. The ship crashed just after taking off. Another one sat stoned on bags on the position as rounds zinged right by him. They screamed at him and he laughed. Either a Russian 50 or rpg blew him to bits, I don't remember which. The stuff makes them think themselves superior and everyone else fools an so on.
Oh and legalize drugs, that will stop drug abuse, that will stop arrests for illegal drug use.
Yeah that's the ticket. Stay the h away from me while you are on it or ever used it. It criminalizes their minds. I don't care what thee Pot advocates/users and the tax many sa, Pot is a dangerous drug.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/19 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I'm glad Michigan is progressive to weed. We really have had age related problems with legs,back and other aches but with MM we are doing well.
When we drive across the US we do get a little shaky going through the west and other southern states that are behind the 8 ball.
In the discussion of weed remember that weed stores get up to $30 a gram for it. I have COPD so I use the gummys and return to the 70's anytime we want to. I really am enjoying retirement more this year then in the last several, LOL

Bottom line I don't drive using it but at night by a campfire or going to a dance here in the park can be great fun. If you were never a flower child you have missed a lot.

My wife has fibromylagia, and suffered for years. With her CDL, she could never test positive. She's out of work right now and may be permanently out. For the first time in a decade, she's getting sleep at night, and surprising to me, how much her improved sleep impacted me.

For the "it's illegal" crowd, I hope you never have to go through what she's gone through.

IF you have a prescription to use, it is legal., if you don't, its illegal ... no sense going through that.. Glad you BOTH are more comfortable now ! Thats always a good thing

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/19 08:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Repeat after me, I do not consent to a search of my person or belongings

Exactly. I use to be of the mind that I've done nothing wrong so why not? Not anymore. If you listen to this Law school professor and defense attorney speak about not talking to the cops, not only is it unwise, it's foolish. Then in the second video a cop speaks and reinforces everything that professor says. Very informative and great speaking too.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/19 04:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That officer smelled that coming so far away he had time to finish his donut and buckle his seat belt before pulling out.
They don't call it skunk weed for nothing.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/19 06:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Eveery time I come across a pot head PTD kicks in. It i hardwired, from things suffered in Nam.
It damages the brains of people, if they use it just a few times maybe once. ruined a CWO's life and nearly took it. Two of them high on Pot, did not install a locking ring on the driveshaft, to tail rotor properly. The ship crashed just after taking off. Another one sat stoned on bags on the position as rounds zinged right by him. They screamed at him and he laughed. Either a Russian 50 or rpg blew him to bits, I don't remember which. The stuff makes them think themselves superior and everyone else fools an so on.
Oh and legalize drugs, that will stop drug abuse, that will stop arrests for illegal drug use.
Yeah that's the ticket. Stay the h away from me while you are on it or ever used it. It criminalizes their minds. I don't care what thee Pot advocates/users and the tax many sa, Pot is a dangerous drug.

Reefer madness... smh...

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> $600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.