cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Original Wineguard Carryout dish - any value to it?

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I have an original (I think) Wineguard Carryout dish that I haven't used since 2016. I think it was good for Directv and Dish at the time I purchased it. I used it for Directv. Does it have any use or value or should I toss it in the dumpster? Thanks. dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
dreamer wrote:
I have an original (I think) Wineguard Carryout dish that I haven't used since 2016. I think it was good for Directv and Dish at the time I purchased it. I used it for Directv. Does it have any use or value or should I toss it in the dumpster? Thanks. dreamer.

Used domes still have some value. For a DTV customer, likely very little, but the Carryout should work just fine for any DISH customer and give them full channel selection in full HD.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
Technology is changing so fast. If you don't have an immediate need for it, you can always turn it upside down and use it for a bird bath. Some JB Weld for the holes, some spray paint, set it on top a log or a tree stump, add some water, and the birds are happy!

(Been there, done that, with old satellite dishes. )

Please ignore this nonsense!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
cooperwl wrote:
I'm still using a Winguard Carryout with Dish Network. I think the model number is GM1518.
I've got two of them. One is mounted on the roof of my MH and the other is in a compartment in case I'm camped under a tree. I had the checked and repaired a few years ago and have no thoughts of getting rid of them. I bought the first one from a Canadian who was camped next to me. He claimed the only reason he was selling it is because it wouldn't work with any provider he could buy in the USA. He left the next day before I connected it up and found out it wouldn't work. I finally sent it back to Winegard where they replaced a component on one of the boards charging me a couple of bucks for parts, $50 for new cables, labor and return shipping. The other I bought from a fellow camper who he couldn't make it work. I've never had any problems with it.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Technology is changing so fast. If you don't have an immediate need for it, you can always turn it upside down and use it for a bird bath. Some JB Weld for the holes, some spray paint, set it on top a log or a tree stump, add some water, and the birds are happy!

(Been there, done that, with old satellite dishes. )

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We still use ours. We plan to switch to Dish tv when Direct tv abandons standard def. it is my understanding that we will need to move two dip switches. Also that we will have HD at that time.

cooperwl
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still using a Winguard Carryout with Dish Network. I think the model number is GM1518.