cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

traveling during US Thanksgiving

napanee_ted
Explorer
Explorer
I was planning to travel to Florida next weekend by way of Interstate 81 to 95 has anyone traveled that route during this time and should I change my plans or just go for it and deal with the traffic.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
joebedford wrote:
Don't try to park in a Walmart on Black Friday.

Did you not mean, the WM RV Resort?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

LOL ! We got all settled in a Walmart on the Friday night of New Years weekend. All was ok then the craziness started with traffic after work. It was next thing to a Black Friday experience except it slowed down eventually.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared for heavier traffic - but I suspect nothing can beat our tortured drive south the day after Christmas, when it seemed like EVERY SNOWBIRD HEADS SOUTH....LOL! We had traffic jams in every major city - it was miserable.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
LOL

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I avoid the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after. Otherwise I go.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
The day to avoid is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Most people are forced to travel on that day due to work schedules and having to be at the family house on Thursday. They then have Friday, Saturday or Sunday to get back home. That spreads traffic out a little following the Holiday. I would still try to avoid Sunday if possible.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have driven from MA to FL several time over the Thanksgiving weekend. NO problem.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Go for it. Waddya got to lose?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)