cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeking propane dealer

Hydrowilly
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know if truck stops on I-81 in Pa or south on I-81 that sells propane for your motor home?
9 REPLIES 9

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
You are a long way from me in Canada, but I must say that here we have an American retail store, Costco, that has the best prices for propane refills and 20 pound bottles.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
Flying J at Winchester rt off 81
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
K Charles wrote:
If you filter the column for bulk propane to yes and filter state to PA YOU GET 4, 2 of which are on I81.

ok great thank u.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you filter the column for bulk propane to yes and filter state to PA YOU get 4, 2 of which are on I81.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm just pointing this out because it appears to me that there is more than one way to navigate this Flying J site getting different results.
Being that's the case, I would make a phone call to the station to verify they have the service that you are looking for before you make the trip to find they don't have it.

In other words, coming down from VT. , if you are traveling southbound, don't bypass New Milford if you think you can gas up and Propane up near Harrisburg because they might not have propane. One method of navigating this site shows Carlisle as having LP, the other does not.

I only see 1 on I81 in PA. Previously shown , the one in New Milford #710 near Scranton

On that site the top bar shows LOCATIONS
On the left side of that page you select a CITY or ZIP
Then a RADIUS in miles
Then select STORES THAT HAVE
Then you select from the services list BULK PROPANE or PROPANE

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Pilot flying j web site and click on RV services they list all the truck stops that have LPG. It looks like several on I81 in PA has it

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wonโ€™t exchange my tanks. I know they donโ€™t have issues. I donโ€™t know if the offered tanks do.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
Flying J exit 219 81 PA
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Along with propane dealers, easy ones to find are most Tractor Supply stores, also many ACE hardware and in Va, Southern States feed and farm stores. Gas stations and truck stops usually want to do exchanges on 20 lb tanks.