Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tesla Cybertruck

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
One pugly bad boy!

But it might grow in me to like it -- so I ordered one.

Tesla Pugly SOB!
461 REPLIES 461

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

Spoken like a typical Tesla fanatic that has seen his delusions go down the drain with facts.

You just came up with new debating strategy: Act as a snowflake with clueless and empty-of-substance post when caught with your pants down.:E

Lol.

At least I don't have delusions that a Tesla truck can actually out tow an ICE in long distance towing. I will be more tha happy to meet up with you when you get your Cybertruck to see who can make it 250 miles towing a 12k RV first.

Just say when...

Another of your delusions. I have not said that -- yet!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how lying Elon can drive an "illegal" vehicle on the public highways?

I think the thing should be impounded next time this thing is found on a public highway.

Can I add another negative this would have to be the most anti pedestrian vehicle I have ever seen. It is basically a wedge with very sharp edges what appears to be almost a blade in the front and very sharp edges round it would fail crash standards in Europe possibly the US and Australia

Anti pedestrian
Thats the idea
Perfect for zombie apocalypse dont you think? ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway would you care to stand on the highway and get hit by Ford Dodge or GMC at 60 mph to find out how pedestrian friendly those boxy trucks are?

Im beting next sily coment will be that Cybetruck is too strong for the ocupants of it and they may get hurt as it has no crash zone to soften the blow.
Well guess what
They invented these things called Seat belts.
Use them

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

Spoken like a typical Tesla fanatic that has seen his delusions go down the drain with facts.

You just came up with new debating strategy: Act as a snowflake with clueless and empty-of-substance post when caught with your pants down.:E

Lol.

At least I don't have delusions that a Tesla truck can actually out tow an ICE in long distance towing. I will be more tha happy to meet up with you when you get your Cybertruck to see who can make it 250 miles towing a 12k RV first.

Just say when...
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Except that they are the ones being left eating dust with Tesla EVs.

Until it passes you at the charging station about 100 miles later. What is the point of all that power when you can't go above 70 in fear of hurting your range when towing?

These are actually situations in the freeways of California and Reno -- unlike your delusional scenarios drawn out from you beautiful dreams after eating two tons of left-over turkey from last Thanksgiving.:B

So these stations allow you to recharge back to full in less than 15 minutes to make it another 100 miles while hooked up to a trailer? Because I can go well over 250 miles in three and a half hours on one tank of fuel without stopping at 70 mph.

I'll put it here slowly so you can catch up and understand.

I may also be repeating what EV owners already said, most Tesla owners charge their EVs at home.

Let me know which part of that you don't understand.

If you want to start talking to me like I am stupid then I will respond in kind....

What I am talking about is towing more than 200 or even 100 miles away like many RVers here do. Yeah, that initial full charge from home may get to 100 miles(maybe), but what about after that? Are you planning on going over the speed limit to catch up or stay ahead? If so, that will reduce your range significantly.

If I raced this Tesla truck 250 miles towing a 10-12k rv, I bet I would get there first with me doing the speed limit and the Tesla truck doing 20 mph over the speed limit. Why, because the Tesla truck will have to recharge for an hour(probably multiple times at that speed) before it gets there and will possibly have to unhook the trailer to do so. Even if I had to get fuel(which is highly unlikely), it would take me less than 10 minutes to do so.

So the Tesla may win the sprint, but it will not win the marathon. At least not with today's technology.

I'm extremely reluctant and it saddened me to do it -- but you are not helping yourself and seems to insist on showing it to us all.

And here again as a cure to your delusions. No one has bought any Tesla yet just for RV towing. In fact, of all my several thousands of miles on road trips, I've not seen one doing it (save for the stupdid Youtube show). So I don't know what you are talking about.

So if the scenario you illustrated comes to pass, bless you if you are 1,000,000 miles ahead of me. I don't mind and I don't care. I am happy with my pace now and I'll be happy if that's my pacing too when I have a Tesla truck and towing my RV.

This whole thing started becuase you stated "Except that they are the ones being left eating dust with Tesla EVs." So now you don't care about who leaves who in the dust since now that you know that it will likely be the Tesla truck being left in the dust when towing more than 150 miles? Typical irrational fanboy response when he finds out his favorite may not be the next best thing since Betty White after all.

Keep track of your delusions.

These are actual situations that my daughter complained about and what I've seen myself in I-5 where those huge diesel trucks will deliberate spew black smoke on hybrids and EVs. None of these hybrid or Tesla were towing any RV which you inserted into the scenario.

You don't just fail to understand, you deliberately distort it.

Geez!

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Until it passes you at the charging station about 100 miles later. What is the point of all that power when you can't go above 70 in fear of hurting your range when towing?

These are actually situations in the freeways of California and Reno -- unlike your delusional scenarios drawn out from you beautiful dreams after eating two tons of left-over turkey from last Thanksgiving.:B

So these stations allow you to recharge back to full in less than 15 minutes to make it another 100 miles while hooked up to a trailer? Because I can go well over 250 miles in three and a half hours on one tank of fuel without stopping at 70 mph.

I may also be repeating what EV owners already said, most Tesla owners charge their EVs at home.

If you want to start talking to me like I am stupid then I will respond in kind....

What I am talking about is towing more than 200 or even 100 miles away like many RVers here do. Yeah, that initial full charge from home may get to 100 miles(maybe), but what about after that? Are you planning on going over the speed limit to catch up or stay ahead? If so, that will reduce your range significantly.

If I raced this Tesla truck 250 miles towing a 10-12k rv, I bet I would get there first with me doing the speed limit and the Tesla truck doing 20 mph over the speed limit. Why, because the Tesla truck will have to recharge for an hour(probably multiple times at that speed) before it gets there and will possibly have to unhook the trailer to do so. Even if I had to get fuel(which is highly unlikely), it would take me less than 10 minutes to do so.

So the Tesla may win the sprint, but it will not win the marathon. At least not with today's technology.

I'm extremely reluctant and it saddened me to do it -- but you are not helping yourself and seems to insist on showing it to us all.

And here again as a cure to your delusions. No one has bought any Tesla yet just for RV towing. In fact, of all my several thousands of miles on road trips, I've not seen one doing it (save for the stupdid Youtube show). So I don't know what you are talking about.

So if the scenario you illustrated comes to pass, bless you if you are 1,000,000 miles ahead of me. I don't mind and I don't care. I am happy with my pace now and I'll be happy if that's my pacing too when I have a Tesla truck and towing my RV.

This whole thing started becuase you stated "Except that they are the ones being left eating dust with Tesla EVs." So now you don't care about who leaves who in the dust since now that you know that it will likely be the Tesla truck being left in the dust when towing more than 150 miles? Typical irrational fanboy response when he finds out his favorite may not be the next best thing since Betty White after all.

Keep track of your delusions.

These are actual situations that my daughter complained about and what I've seen myself in I-5 where those huge diesel trucks will deliberate spew black smoke on hybrids and EVs. None of these hybrid or Tesla were towing any RV which you inserted into the scenario.

You don't just fail to understand, you deliberately distort it.

Geez!

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how lying Elon can drive an "illegal" vehicle on the public highways?

I think the thing should be impounded next time this thing is found on a public highway.

Here in NJ we "Manufacturer" tags.
Basically lets a manufacturer drive anything on the road.
I'm sure CA and MI being big car states, have something similar.

And the nice thing with M plates is they are not tied to a specific vehicle. Like dealer plates.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Here in NJ we "Manufacturer" tags.
Basically lets a manufacturer drive anything on the road.
I'm sure CA and MI being big car states, have something similar.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Generally speaking I find non EVers to be considerably more offensive on this forum.

I have my doubts that GM will produce any significant amount of EVโ€™s in the next 5 years. They are having difficulty producing 3000 month right now.

Jmho.

Did you see where GM and LG Chem have created a joint venture to build batteries? Each is investing nearly $1 million.

They expect capacity to be 50% more than the Tesla Gigafactory.

GM is investing $3 million to build electric trucks in the Detroit-Hamtramck plant.

Can you please share what a "significant amount" would be? I would like to track progress against your measure.

I have doubts that Tesla will produce any significant profit myself. They haven't produced much in years. I would call significant profit $6 Billion GAAP Profit in a calendar year.

Hard to say. I wish GM well here. There are a ton of families employed all over the world by GM. The ability of GM to modernize will be pivotal to their survival although with GM itโ€™s just a matter of asking for another bail out. Maybe at least shoot for over a quarter million EVโ€™s a year within 5 years.

A random number for me would be a 10 fold number of what they produce right now. To me this would show a move in the right direction.

I donโ€™t expect Tesla to show any significant profit in the next decade. I suspect they will be a lot bigger though.

Jmho.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
I wonder how far $3 million will go. Unless GM and LG want to compete with Energizer battery.:h:B;)
I think it is a million spelled with a 'B'.

It's actually spelled 2,300,000,000.00 for the battery joint venture with LG, supposedly in Lordstown OH.
They said up to $3,000,000,000.00 for Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly. It will be retooled for electric truck production.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Only seen occupant safety tests. Never a bystander test.

Although I do wonder about how well that SS will absorb energy in a collision.

I am not sure if there are specific pedestrian regs but there are various groups that have influence to help make vehicles safer and minimize injuries in car/pedestrian accidents.

As far as street legal. The cybertruck is definitely not legal in its current form. And you are correct about exceptions to prototype/low volume vehicles. Many early test vehicles we get, with the exceptions of seat belts have no other active safety features like airbags and other things commonly found on production vehicles.