Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Tesla Cybertruck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/19 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjstractor wrote:

Reisander wrote:

Hard to say. But if it follows the model x range reduction rate of 35 to 50 percent that will still leave a 250 mile or 400 km range. My 2500 GMC could barely go 200 miles or 300 kilometers. Not that we need a truck but it would work work for us.

If the towing range reduction were in line with gas or diesel TVs (30-50%) the EVs would work great. But real world testing has showed that the Model X range is reduced to less than 1/3 of it's non-towing range. When TFL tested a Model X pulling a 4500 lb horse trailer, they could barely complete a 75 mile trip on a charge. The car consumed up to 3.8 times as much power towing as not towing. I'd expect similar results with the pickup.

Hard to say. But it will be interesting to watch. no one knows what the 500 plus mile range means. We'll have to wait until the first ones make it to the street. 2 years...or more.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/19 11:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It has some interesting ideas but I just can’t see myself putting a load of sand or gravel in the back of that thing.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 04:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

So it's a Suburu Brat...Actually in other countries they still sell similar models but if this is the case, he's not marketing to his target audience.

Are we right sure about not marketing to his target?

If he's going after the suburu brat market, why is he going on about 3500lb payload, 100000lb towing, and doing tests against 1/2 ton trucks?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 04:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris Bryant wrote:

Apologies if this has been said, but a couple of points about the cybertruck- at a base of just under $40k, it will be the cheapest available. The reason for the cheap price? Assembly uses no stamping presses or paint booths- the body is laser cut and folded, the stainless alloy being to hard to stamp..

Cheapest?

1/2 ton trucks start around $28k.

Also, will they ever produce a $40k truck for sale...or will it be bait and switch like the M3.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Chris Bryant wrote:

Apologies if this has been said, but a couple of points about the cybertruck- at a base of just under $40k, it will be the cheapest available. The reason for the cheap price? Assembly uses no stamping presses or paint booths- the body is laser cut and folded, the stainless alloy being to hard to stamp..

Cheapest?

Also, will they ever produce a $40k truck for sale...or will it be bait and switch like the M3.

Out of EV trucks.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 06:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

So it's a Suburu Brat...Actually in other countries they still sell similar models but if this is the case, he's not marketing to his target audience.

Are we right sure about not marketing to his target?

If he's going after the suburu brat market, why is he going on about 3500lb payload, 100000lb towing, and doing tests against 1/2 ton trucks?

Like I tried to point out, for most buyers of class 1 trucks, the numbers, if they know what they are, are just imitation steroids to make them feel bigger between the legs. "I can tow a boxcar, out run a stockcar" might make you feel good while strapping down the car seat.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 07:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Chris Bryant wrote:

Cheapest?

I would imagine just like the model 3 the first year or two of production will be the more expensive variants with the cheaper variants coming later. But just like the model 3 I suspect they will eventually be available. There was no bait and switch where we live. That’s usually a term reserved for dealerships that advertise one thing and then say they are out of stock or whatever. On the Canadian Tesla website the timeline for availability of the various model 3 models was always clear from the beginning.

* This post was edited 11/27/19 07:28am by Reisender *

Frostbitte

Edmonton

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 10:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a 70's/80's Sci-fi b-movie prop and about as useful too.
If the ecoturkeys want to sell me on full electric, this isn't helping.
For now, I'll still stick with the 3 R's. Reduce, reuse, and recycle.

2011 RAM 3500 Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins 6-speed Auto 4.10
2004 Prowler 275 CKS (Sold)
2014 Sabre 36QBOK-7 5th wheel
2016 Forest River 8 x 20 Cargo Trailer

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I would imagine just like the model 3 the first year or two of production will be the more expensive variants with the cheaper variants coming later. But just like the model 3 I suspect they will eventually be available. There was no bait and switch where we live. That’s usually a term reserved for dealerships that advertise one thing and then say they are out of stock or whatever. On the Canadian Tesla website the timeline for availability of the various model 3 models was always clear from the beginning.

Three of my friends and a daughter bought Teslas. By the pattern, they got their based on the first-reserve-first-produced basis.

I suspect those who keeps accusing Tesla of bait-and-switch must not have experienced buying EV from them or got burned much too often by dealers in the car buying experience.

My friends even got offered a lower-priced, 300-1,200 low mileage (disclosed as used for test drives) from Tesla's inventories.

* This post was edited 11/27/19 12:24pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 12:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$10,000 to go from rwd to awd. $70,000 for the 500 mile range(not towing) model. Someone needs to explain how they think the under 25 crowd is going to gobble these up.

2017 Silverado 1500 LT, Max Tow

2012 Outback 277RL

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.