Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Tesla Cybertruck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 02:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

I believe the prototype out accelerated a Porsche 911. Your diesel must be pretty good to match that but with all that torque you stated the diesel would way out pull the Cybertruck. I think you are wrong. Shall check back in three years.

Aaaaaa Time, I never said my diesel. I said my hot rod street rod. If you think you have a tesla that will beat it, bring it. I'm game!

Every body laughing at the cyber junk. Even Denny's. LOL This is golden! [emoticon]

Zerohedge wrote:

It was only about 10 days ago that Elon Musk revealed Tesla's new Cybertruck to legions of adoring sycophants and - well, the rest of the world who laughed at him and ridiculed the truck's design. Even Denny's took shots at Musk.

And why wouldn't they? The unveiling of the truck was a full scale disaster, complete with two broken windows and a passenger side back wheel that looked like it was about to fall off from underneath the truck. So, naturally, Musk claims that the cult of Tesla has already pre-ordered 250,000 of them. We documented the full unveiling circus in a writeup here.

Now, we're starting to get a glance into why the truck and its unveiling looked like such a poorly planned concept: because they were.

Musk said in early November, just several weeks before the unveiling, that the company does "zero market research whatsoever" when designing a new product, according to a new article from the Wall Street Journal.

Zerohedge wrote:

In other words, Musk wants to enter the best segment of the auto industry: the highly profitable, billion dollar pickup truck segment, and he has done no research as to how best to meet the needs of potential customers.

Is it any wonder the company is losing close to $1 billion per year?

And how does Musk defend the strategy of doing no research? The idea seems "seems especially reckless in the age of Big Data," the WSJ says. Especially while companies like Google, Apple and Facebook have based their success by doing nothing but harvesting and analyzing data. In other words, they don't make blind bets, like Musk is doing.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Aaaaaa Time, I never said my diesel. I said my hot rod street rod. If you think you have a tesla that will beat it, bring it. I'm game!

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Let me try to explain to the fan bois why an old truck like I own puts out many, many times more torque that the Cyber junk.

The truck I own puts out 650 ft/lbs at the crankshaft. That torque is fed to an Allison tranny with a 1st gear of 3.10 to 1 gear ratio.

Now that 650 ft/lbs of torque that is feed into the tranny comes out as 2,015 ft/lbs of torque.

But we are not done yet. Now fan bois, we need to feed that 2,015 ft/lbs of torque into the 3.75 rear end.

So, 2,015 ft/lbs go into the rear end and the tires see slightly over 7,500 ft/lbs of torque.

It has been reported that the Cyber junk will have 1,000 ft/lbs of torque. If true, my 12 YO truck will put out 7x's the amount of torque the Cyber junk will put out.

If I have time I will do some more math to show that lying Elon is FOS.

BTW, what happened to the Tusk 300,000 tow rating? LOL

This

With all that diesel torque and power why is your truck slower than Cybertruck?

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW I would love to see that street rod go against a Tesla on the Nurburgring [emoticon]

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 03:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This reminds me of the Jonestown documentary I saw last night!

2017 Silverado 1500 LT, Max Tow

2012 Outback 277RL

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 03:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

BTW Time or YS, what happened to the 300,000 tow rating?
It is in the same place as the F150 pulling 1,000,000 pounds and the Tundra pulling the space shuttle. These are limited exposition demonstrations not for consumer use. But you're not that dim to actually get pulled into this marketing hype so why do you repeatedly ask the question????

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 300,000 pound tow rating for the truck by anyone. I might be wrong. I did see where musk mentioned a 300,000 pound tow capacity. I would think it can tow at least 3 times that without difficulty. Heck, even a toyota has the capacity to tow the space shuttle. Ford pulled a million pound train. I would think the cybertruck has the capacity to do the same.

On edit. We may have to wait for real tow ratings on cybertruck but the only speculating on ratings is max 14000 pounds.

There is a video of the model x (that has a tow rating of around 5000 pounds) with the capacity to tow about 250,000 pounds out of a mine. I’m sure the cybertruck will be considerably more.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

BTW I would love to see that street rod go against a Tesla on the Nurburgring [emoticon]

Have Tesla even made it around the Ring without blowing up?

Last time I saw anything about the Ring and Tesla it was being put on a flat bed............twice! LMAO

[image]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/19 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a new search called google....

"So far this week, one Tesla has recorded a very unofficial Nürburgring 7:23 lap time, versus a recorded lap time of 7:42 by the Taycan Turbo.Sep 19, 2019"

So that was more than two months ago. Sorry really hard to keep up with real progress at Tesla.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

It is in the same place as the F150 pulling 1,000,000 pounds and the Tundra pulling the space shuttle. These are limited exposition demonstrations not for consumer use. But you're not that dim to actually get pulled into this marketing hype so why do you repeatedly ask the question????

The difference is Ford and Toyota never stated that was the tow rating.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

The difference is Ford and Toyota never stated that was the tow rating.

Neither did Tesla. The only tow rating numbers given by Tesla were max 14000 pounds. Elon tweeted something to the effect of 300,000 on twitter when someone asked about a tow capacity of 30,000 pounds. I think he was being way conservative at 300,000 pounds. Are you possibly getting those confused?

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 04:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

There is a new search called google....

"So far this week, one Tesla has recorded a very unofficial Nürburgring 7:23 lap time, versus a recorded lap time of 7:42 by the Taycan Turbo.Sep 19, 2019"

So that was more than two months ago. Sorry really hard to keep up with real progress at Tesla.

My car turned a very unofficial 1/4 mile time of 4.00 seconds flat. Cool hu? LOL you fan bois are something!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.