Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shaw Satellite

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
It's been a few years since I have had to use my Shaw satellite dish, sharing with my Canadian buddies I travel with. Unfortunately they will not be making it this year. I will set my dish up but I understand I need a newer style LNB. Would like to order on line but need to know exactly which one.
Help will be appreciated!
Thanks
Chuck
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.
13 REPLIES 13

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
dkilley wrote:
I purchased and installed the upgrade from Winegard for my automatic Winegard Traveler dish mounted on the roof and it worked great. You do not need this if you have your dish on a tripod. Got good signal strength and lots of channels including the Canucks hockey and Cdn news channels. I got an upgraded LMB bout 3 years ago and it worked fine. I am just north of Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Was it difficult to do the install of the new board on the roof? I'm thinking about buying the kit and doing the install myself.

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased and installed the upgrade from Winegard for my automatic Winegard Traveler dish mounted on the roof and it worked great. You do not need this if you have your dish on a tripod. Got good signal strength and lots of channels including the Canucks hockey and Cdn news channels. I got an upgraded LMB bout 3 years ago and it worked fine. I am just north of Puerto Vallarta Mexico.

Talleyho69
You'd freeze, and not be able to be understood, being from California!

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered one from Canada today. $103.00 US. 75e should work.
Mo I lean to the left so much already one leg is longer than the other!
My Canadian friends think I should move to Canada.
Chuck n Sandy

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
I had a look at that LNB at kusat, it looks substantially different from the LNB that Shaw supplies. The lens facing the dish is round compared to the oblong one that Shaw supplies and there are only 2 coax outputs compared to the 4 on the Shaw one. Hard to tell if it fits onto the Shaw arm or not.

I would do a detailed check before ordering one.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck: You had better be careful. Watching too much Canadian TV will cause you to lean to the left!

Moisheh

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Rob,
I see you and Jean made it down already.

I have a 75cm dish I am going to use. Whats confusing to me is the (new) LNB I find on Ebay say
"New Shaw Triple Satellite Quad Output Switchable xKu LNB for 60E DISH LNB " Or 75E dish.
So I guess 75E would be my need?

The receiver I have was used two years ago and has been updated, so I think I'm good with receiver.
Chuck n Sandy

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck !
You are cutting pretty fine getting your setup upgraded!
The LNBF that is current is a Triple Satelitte,Quad output one!
To Test your existing setup get things Refreshed by the folks who have you on their account!
Then try to get Channel 988 which will tell you if your existing receiver is up to date!
The newest LNB was introduced about four or five years ago so you might be good to go!

If not you will need to not only get a new LNB ,but also to have Shaw do a service adjustment in order to make everything compatible!
They are not allowed t to offer any service outside of Canada!
BTW there is a 60 Cm and a 75 CM LNB it must match the actual Grey Dish !
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
here is URL for G1 satellite channels not available in southern US or Mexico. still leaves LOTS OF CONTENT that is available on F!/F2 sat.
http://shawbroadcast.ca/Content/Engl...nnelCharts.htm

bobfrombc
Explorer
Explorer
kusat.com is place to order upgrade dish
and our shaw sat is working great down to mexican border
off the F1/f2 satellites. any channels on the new G1 will not work this far south.
check shaw.com for list of channels on the G1 to see what you wont get.
we get all the global, cbc, usa networks, sports channels and much more.
dont miss any of the G1 channels.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
scorpion wrote:
The big question would be "Can you still get Shaw TV service in Mexico?"

Scorp

The answer is yes.

I follow a blog of a couple that are now in Mazatlan, they have a yellow 80% signal strength on Shaw. They may have a larger dish than the smaller ones back home but even with the smaller ones you still should be good.

scorpion
Explorer
Explorer
The big question would be "Can you still get Shaw TV service in Mexico?"

Scorp

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years since I switched to the new LNB. There is only one new one, you just have to ask for it. The other issue I had was that I had the new LNB at home and the old one on our RV, I found that the receiver is specific to the LNB, the receiver at home on the new LNB wouldn't work on the old LNB on the RV. I was in Canada and called Shaw, they changed the software so I could use the receiver on the old LNB, I then got the new LNB when I got home and asked Shaw to do the software change again so that receiver worked on the new LNBs. Hope this helps.

As an add, I'm assuming you are talking about a dish that you aim manually, if you have a pre 2017 Winegard dish on the roof, Shaw's channel shuffle back in September has rendered it obsolete as one of the channels the dish used to find the sat no longer exists due to Shaw. There is a manual aiming procedure and an upgrade kit available.