Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Mens' belts left or right
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> Mens' belts left or right

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

People shouldn't have to make decisions like this. Other ones I've wrestled with are which arm should I put in my shirt or jacket first and which leg first when putting pants and shoes on.
True, just like, Which way should the TP come off the roll, Over or Under. [emoticon]

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

aftermath

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is pretty funny. I was 67 before I realized that I had been tying my shoes all wrong. On long walks I always had to stop and tighten up my laces. I even double tied them but still.....I finally took the time to look at the knots. I had been putting the left lace under the right when starting. This resulted in a granny knot. Now it is the right over the left and life is better.

I also start my belt on the left side. Don't wear any buckles that require a right side up display.

2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

sljohnson1938

Mount Airy, NC - USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/19 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

People shouldn't have to make decisions like this. Other ones I've wrestled with are which arm should I put in my shirt or jacket first and which leg first when putting pants and shoes on.
True, just like, Which way should the TP come off the roll, Over or Under. [emoticon]

Geez wiz - everyone knows the TP comes over the top.

Dang

1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

If you’re left handed it’s the other way round. Think about it.

I just saw this and it made me laugh!!

I'm a lefty but, I put my belt on counter clockwise.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

aftermath wrote:

This is pretty funny. I was 67 before I realized that I had been tying my shoes all wrong. On long walks I always had to stop and tighten up my laces. I even double tied them but still.....I finally took the time to look at the knots. I had been putting the left lace under the right when starting. This resulted in a granny knot. Now it is the right over the left and life is better.

Me too. All those years I was tieing a granny knot instead of a reef knot.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/01/19 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sljohnson1938 wrote:

bukhrn wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Geez wiz - everyone knows the TP comes over the top.

Dang
I do now that my DW has educated me over the last 53 years, before that, it never mattered. [emoticon]

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have always started it left but my belly and butt always distort the shape of even my most expensive belts, so I switched directions and never realized how hard it was to change.

Just like when I had shoulder surgery. Never dreamed how difficult it was to preform some tasks with the left hand.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/19 09:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

I have always started it left but my belly and butt always distort the shape of even my most expensive belts, so I switched directions and never realized how hard it was to change.

Just like when I had shoulder surgery. Never dreamed how difficult it was to preform some tasks with the left hand.

I wear a 2 1/4" gun belt . It has a stiffener sewed between the two pieces of leather. it still sags from my gut. Paid over 100.00 for it.
They make one that has a stainless steel trip sandwiched between the two pieces of leather. Guaranteed not to sag.I think I will order one but would like to see it before ordering.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

I know what you mean. My left arm and hand are paralyzed due to a stroke. Fortunately, I'm right handed and have learned to be pretty independent with use of only one arm. It's amazing how the body can learn to adapt to various situations.
I drive my own vehicle (modified for right hand operation), dress myself (use a button hook for top button on dress shirt), and do pretty much everything else. Can't tie shoelaces, though. So I use shoes with Velcro straps. Same with ties, so I wear western style Bolo ties, which can be put on with one hand. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> Mens' belts left or right
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.