Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do your dogs/cats watch TV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Do your dogs/cats watch TV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting Topic because just as I was turning on the computer our Mini Schnauzer, Humphrie" started his whine/bark at a particular commercial that was on TV.

We have discovered that certain ad's and certain Music causes this reaction....The Barnes Injury Attorney is one such commercial But most notably is the "My Pillow" commercial. If I don't remember to mute the TV during these commercials, I'm in store for about 90 seconds of howling....the worst thing is Humphrie is teaching Georgie the same tactic. It's almost as if it is "painful" for the doggies to hear whatever it is they hear...so I do make it a point to remember the triggers which causes the hysteria.[emoticon]

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/19 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Bat-dog used to howl with one specific song, Since I Met You Baby. Billie Swan sings and Boots Randolph llays the sax. Bat-dog would howl along with the sax. Something about the tone just spoke to her. She still pays attention to the song, but doesn't get into a full singalong - just more of a humming along.

Dog-bird calls for his flock daily. The dogs will spend 10-15 minutes howling back their response. Every day.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/19 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Acampingwewillgo wrote:

It's almost as if it is "painful" for the doggies to hear whatever it is they hear...

Ed and I were laughing a couple of days ago - puppy Augie was frantically squeaking a dog toy - then let out a LOUD and long howl. We figured he was hurting his own ears? Duh!

Something I took as a good sign - they were showing the fireworks after a NASCAR race, and Augie ran to the TV to watch that - seemed fascinated. Crossing my fingers he's not afraid of them next year near the 4th of July - living on a lake means we are subjected to them for weeks....

Finally Time

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My cat watches wildlife programs; especially those with dogs/wolves, and cats, big & small. He sat next to me on the sofa and watched all of the PBS "Urban Racoon." My dad's cat always watched Roller Derby with him. The only program my dog ever watched was one showing a Labrador Retriever training in a field.

'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/26/19 12:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should I be concerned? The Cat in Training, who watches tv a lot, just took my debit card from me...

Have there been any "as seen on tv" cat stuff???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Do your dogs/cats watch TV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.