cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Covers Experiences

Jeff_Ogden
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use a cover on their RV? We will be parking our RV on our drive and thought that it might be a good idea to buy a RV cover.
I've looked on Hex Auto Parts website and they do one with a zipped opening for the door, which appears to be the best value. I recently moved from US to Canada and if Hex Auto won't ship it I probably ask a friend who live in TX post it to me,or can I buy one here in Canada?
12 REPLIES 12

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^True stories here and without the usual nay Sayers about RV covers, which is a welcome relief.
Only used a cover 1 year on the camper, in an area that got a lot of snow and I found out quickly that it was difficult to remove snow from the breathable roof material and that thawing would produce massive icecicles that clung to the fabric.
Got a thaw mid winter and got all the snow gone and added a plastic tarp over the top.
Problem solved, it was easy to pull the snow off and prevented the ice from forming.
Ice damaged the cover significantly in just a couple months.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
If a cover is water proof, it will keep the water out and keep the moisture in. You want a breathable one.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Our Adco cover is 8 years old and on its second TT. It now has a few thin spots where I didnโ€™t pad correctly. May have to replace it next year, but I think I got my moneyโ€™s worth. When we traded our previous tt in at 6 yo, it still looked new. I only cover in the winter.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
suprz wrote:
I have used an Adco cover... it's "ok" what I don't like about mine is that its is not water proof.. its water resistant, so if it gets wet and something touches it... oh like THE ROOF of the RV. It's like a tent... it let's water thru... I now use a used Billboard Tarp that you can buy online, completely waterproof and super tough. I'm still thinking about building a RV carport... just have to check local building codes, etc...

If it was the "breathable" kind of cover, it's not supposed to be "waterproof"... The point of a breathable cover is to let the RV breath underneath it so it does not turn into a hunk of mold.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've used ADCO covers since around 2005. I covered my 2003 Prowler with one and it lasted about 10 years being parked under trees all winter. The thing was green with moss on the roof and black streaks on the sides and I finally replaced it in 2015.. All the while, it would get wet, but it kept all the tree **** off of it and it would dry in a matter of hours after a total downpour.

I traded that old Prowler to the dealer I got my new TT from in July of this year and they gave me $6500 for it.. I paid $14,000 out the door with it in 2003. They sold it for $7000 about a week later..

Anyway, I have an ADCO cover on my new 2019 TT and it's still parked under the same trees as the Prowler. It's already got a load of tree **** on it and doing it's job!

It's the Designer Series Aqua Shed model.

Works for me.

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Remember with a cover - use ALL grommet holes and tie downs! They are there for a reason. Get extra rope and bungy cords to secure everything. It will reduce greatly rubbing and chafing.

I cover our TT every winter.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm into year 5 with this "Elements All Climate". I have a 25 ft OAL Class C. The cover has the Tyvek roof which I like because we tend get this very wet, slushy, heavy, wind blown, flash freezing garbage snow here in Southern New England and it has protected the roof so far. I cover rub points by taping cloth over them. Haven't had any wind damage yet. Wish I had the room to build an overhang I could drive the rig under, that would be ideal.. I have my neighbor help me put it on the rig. A little tough for me to handle alone.
2X on Veebyes post.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I used one for many years. Kept my RV protected in the winter. I never used it in he summer. When I traded it in it still looked great. Each cover lasted around 5-6 years. Well worth the money. I used an adco Tyvec cover with he zippered entry door. With any cover you will need to pad all protrusions so the cover doesn't get holes. And then cinch it down tight!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A boaters & RVers worst enemy regarding tarps is chafe. The RV is stored indoors so not tarp but the trick with the boat is to use old terry towels, fold & tape them over corners where the tarp rubs.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I have used an Adco cover... it's "ok" what I don't like about mine is that its is not water proof.. its water resistant, so if it gets wet and something touches it... oh like THE ROOF of the RV. It's like a tent... it let's water thru... I now use a used Billboard Tarp that you can buy online, completely waterproof and super tough. I'm still thinking about building a RV carport... just have to check local building codes, etc...
Proud father of a US Marine

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I used an Adco for 12 years on our last TT during the winter months. It kept it looking great, kept it clean and dry and never hurt it in any way. The only change I would make is to get the one with the Tyvek top.
I would not use one in a windy area.
If I didn't now have a carport, I would get another one for this RV.
And I agree with Bob. The only thing that keeps these things form leaking is goop and luck.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
If you cannot park under cover a fabric cover is good insurance. I believe most RV's leak by design. Today I helped a friend cover his rig. Be careful putting it on and do not snag the fabric on any edges.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m happy with the Expedition cover. Last the warranty length. Sun is my issue.

Nationalcovers.com
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad