cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

22" to 24" portable gas griddle

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at buying either the Blackstone 22" two burner griddle or the Royal Gourmet PD1300 3 burner. Anyone have either? Good or bad? Maybe another brand- don't want to go any larger than a 24".
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate
13 REPLIES 13

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the 2-burner LP special from WalMart for $25. It works great and I don't have to fool with stale charcoal briquettes any more. And the LP fuel is actually cheaper than the charcoal.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all that replied. Went with the 22โ€ Blackstone with carry case. Order one yesterday evening found it on line for $89.99 free shipping.
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:

Blackstone grills are all the rage with the glamping/GoRV newbie set. The 22" is popular due to the versatility of the twin burner setup. Camp Chef has a much more complete array of accessories like pizza ovens, smokers, etc.

I have the Blackstone Tailgater; 17" griddle AND 17" grillebox, either or both can be removed for using the large burners underneath. Fully equipped, it was less $$ than a comparably equipped Camp Chef.

And at 57 with 30+ years of RVing under my belt, I'm not a newbie nor a glamper/GoRV member.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the campchef and love it.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Blackstone 36" at home for about a year now... so I decided to buy the Blackstone 22" for our 5th Wheel. I found it at WalMart, which came with the Hood, Table and 20# Gas Hose adaptor. It is great for the 5th Wheel. I bought a carrying bag from Blackstone, which I can put everything in, it's heavy but I manage. I think we paid $119.00 for the combo griddle and another 30.00 for the carrying bag. I would recommend Blackstone.

RVman / John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Hammerboy wrote:
While Blackstone are more popular primarily because they are sold everywhere, I actually prefer the Camp Chef stoves. They also will convert into a grill top or even a pizza oven. We have the Camp Chef Explorer and love it. Here are a couple of small portable models.
Camp Chef

Dan

Blackstone grills are all the rage with the glamping/GoRV newbie set. The 22" is popular due to the versatility of the twin burner setup. Camp Chef has a much more complete array of accessories like pizza ovens, smokers, etc.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
My Cougar came with a Capital grille. I removed the grille and installed a 22" Blackstone. I haven't used it much yet but like it so far. We will be heading south next week and I hope to get a lot of use out of it over the next five months.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the small Blackstone. Had to try it due to all the hype. I like my cast iron frying pan better. Maybe one of the bigger models with two or more burners is better.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
we love the blackstone 22 inch. A friend has the much larger one, great for a crowd but a pain to pack along.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
CW has the 22 inch Blackstone griddle for $114. $130 for non-members. Free shipping.

clicky
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
While Blackstone are more popular primarily because they are sold everywhere, I actually prefer the Camp Chef stoves. They also will convert into a grill top or even a pizza oven. We have the Camp Chef Explorer and love it. Here are a couple of small portable models.
Camp Chef

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 22" Blackstone from Walmart. Griddle,metal cover, stand (that also fits 18") and propane pigtail all for $147.
We love it.
22" is two burner and 18" has only one. I have both and like the 22" better.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the small Blackstone. It cooks good. However I wish I would've gotten the 2 burner model. I would love to be able to control the right and left heat independently. Other wise Blackstone is a very good brand. Not to mention the 2 burner model comes with a hinged lid.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!