Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Thinking about downsizing to a B
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
karlstream

Gig Harbor, WA,USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a 2015 LTV SS about 18 months ago from a private party for a tad over $81k. We had to travel from the Pacific NW to northern California to get it. I also found when looking that most prices for the SS were around the $95k to $100k range and dealers especially were reluctant to lower their price. I did notice that occasionally one would appear, usually a 2013 around $83 to $85k, but not very often. My main point is, you'll probably do better dealing with a private party and you have to be patient. And you may have to travel to find the right deal.

As you are aware, the LTV SS was built only three years so there aren't that many around. I've noticed the Winnebago Era 70C series with the slide seems to be more available and sells at a more competitive price. But it's built on the longer 24 foot chassis and I wanted the shorter mid size chassis, and in my opinion, the Era doesn't have the build quality of the Leisure Travel.

The 2015 has some nice upgrades over the earlier models, like a bigger fridge, 6 volt golf cart batteries and additional storage over the driving cabin. I think it's the most desirable model. But again, it's just my opinion.

I think the SS is a good choice for those looking for a lot of big rig features built into the foot print of a van. We've used our SS quite a bit since we acquired it and it has worked out well for us.

Good luck in your search.

karl

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/20 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, thank you all for the responses and awesome information. It’s exactly what I was hoping to find out. Patience isn’t a problem for me as we already have our 32 ft RV to use now and for as long as we need to as we search for our B.

David and Deb, plus our border collie, Sadie.

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just thought I would jump in here and mention that I have always found NADA to be almost completely useless at pricing Class B units. LTV units especially are known for keeping their value because of the quality construction.

Mumkin
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/13/20 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone, the hunt continues.

Shearwater

NE Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/13/20 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first Class B (2006) was made by Sportsmobile in Texas. They allow you to design a floor plan based on a wide variety of units that they routinely make so you can get whatever you need that fits in the available space. Their prices were also quite reasonable so you might want to check them out.

Advanced RV Sprinter

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 10:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you!!! I will check them out.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.