Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Thinking about downsizing to a B
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve been watching you tube videos and reading lots of forums and here is my list of things I’d like in a B. Older model with low mileage, dry bath, shorter in length like the Pursuit, no slide, not on a Ford chassis. I’m so confused so i decided to ask you experts! Does the Sprinter MB meet these requirements?

We currently have a 2006 32 ft. Gulfstream Ultra towing a Jeep (shown below) which we will keep for longer trips when we will camp somewhere for a month or two. There are many times I’d like to have a no hassle, jump in and go kind of short trip and hubby won’t go because of the hassle. If I can find what I’m looking for, I can go by myself. Can anyone help a girl out???

David and Deb, plus our border collie, Sadie.

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/19 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reality is that Class B rigs with a dry bath are rare as hen's teeth. Perhaps you just look at the small Class C rigs like Leisure Travel or Pleasureway. Those two are the top of the line, but there are more reasonably priced small Class C rigs around 25ft that may have a dry bath. On Chevy, Sprinter, and Promaster, if you prefer to avoid Ford.

But if you are thinking of short trips by yourself, you could think about just dealing with a wet bath. It's not that bad short term. LOL

Mumkin
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you. I really want a dry bath and realize that’s a rarity. I love the Pleasure Way Pursuit at 22 feet long, but it is a Ford. Is there another class B similar to the Pursuit but diesel?

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/19 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's back to the Ford chassis, but check the Gulfstream BT Cruiser, or a Phoenix Cruiser.
BT Cruiser
They have been building these for quite a while so used ones are out there, but owners seem to hang on to all of the "cruiser" models so it does take some looking.

hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/19 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe you could find one like the small rv in my signature picture. It is 24' with a dry bath on a Workhorse chassis. We love it.

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/24/19 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The dry bath requirement in a B will greatly restrict your options. I can’t remember a B with room enough for a separate shower. Not accepting a Ford will further reduce your options. However if you’re open to just taking a look I’d suggest you look at the Winnebago Mini Winnie 22R.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

David and Deb wrote:

Thank you. I really want a dry bath and realize that’s a rarity. I love the Pleasure Way Pursuit at 22 feet long, but it is a Ford. Is there another class B similar to the Pursuit but diesel?

Of course, the Pursuit is a Class C. A friend of mine had this rig and just loved it. My first rig was a Ford E350 and I so hated the handling that I swore no more Fords. LOL (though a Transit is a possibility) But she swore that the E450 handled as well as her Sprinter rig... which she dumped because of constant repairs.

Of course, PW doesn't make the Pursuit any more. Leisure Travel made a true Class B on the Sprinter with a wet bath... BUT... it has a slide. There is such limited geography in a Class B that to have a bed, it needed to be a sofa in a slide.

trigley

Central Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/19 11:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently saw an ad for a 2015 Leisure travel B van on a Sprinter with a slide and a dry rear bath. The bed was in the side slide. I don't recall the model but if you Google Leisures 2015 models you will probably find it. They no longer make B units. Only small Cs.

paddykernahan

Westland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Pleasure-Way XLMB.
Technically a class C.
Shorter than many class B's. (22 foot)
Slightly wider than a class B.
Much taller than a class B.
Huge dry bath that is bigger than a lot of class C's.
No slides.
Not cheap.
MB Sprinter.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Winnebago makes the 24' Era M on a Sprinter chassis with a floor plan including a dry bath and a bed in a slide. I know the OP mentioned "older" and I'm not sure how long they have been making this model.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.