Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Thinking about downsizing to a B
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
mumkin

Chaska, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

Winnebago makes the 24' Era M on a Sprinter chassis with a floor plan including a dry bath and a bed in a slide.

Leisure Travel started making this floor plan in 2013 and Winnebago copied it in the next year or two. There should be used models of both out there.

Mumkin
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you I’ll check out your suggestions. I’m really picky for this second RV, but it is what it is, lol. If I can’t find what I want, I’ll just keep begging the hubby to go camping in our 32 and a toad.

David and Deb, plus our border collie, Sadie.

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/20 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m still looking and recently found a 2013 Leisure Van Freespirit ss for sale that has everything I want, including low mileage and a dry bath. BUT it’s priced at $90+K !! So I looked it up on NADA and it appears that is the new price? I’m not sure how to find out what the used price should be? Help!!

* This post was edited 10/04/20 03:10pm by David and Deb *

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You've been looking for 11 months and found one. That indicates the seller can ask what they want for it and probably get close to it at some point.

From reading the thread the dry bath is severely reducing the number of choices, perhaps consider a wet bath in a B or a truck camper w dry bath.

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/20 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just recently learned about the Freespirit SS and found one the same week. My question about price is not the economics of supply and demand. I’m asking if the way he is looking at the NADA price is accurate. I apparently don’t understand the pricing there.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/20 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Given the current market where Class B units are in such abnormally high demand, I’m not at all sure that NADA prices can be relied upon to reflect the actual prices people are willing to pay. If being able to rely on NADA, as opposed to paying a price that fulfills your needs, is important to you, it might be advisable to step out of the market for a while until prices settle down and a third party opinion of worth is once again meaningful.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

David and Deb

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I mentioned my question isn’t about the economics or supply and demand, it is literally how the NADA works. For example, I looked up my car, a 2006 Toyota Solara and it gave me the new price when it originally sold and the price is should be now that it is several years old. I know that’s an estimate and if everyone wants a Solara, the price will be higher. My question is, when I looked at the NADA for the Freespirit SS it only gave me the new price I think, but I’m not sure because it wasn’t structured lthe same as when I looked up my car. Is it different for RVs in that it doesn’t mention a 10-year old Winnebago cost $60,000 new and now 10 years later it should cost $30,000 for example?

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Okay, I see what you are saying. I looked up my Wrangler and the gave me the typical range of prices based on condition plus an allowance for low mileage. When I punched in my RV they gave me list price, low retail and average retail. The list price is what Winnebago had it listed for three years ago. I guess the low retail and average retail are the current price estimates, but I'm not sure.

Dave

bob_nestor

murphy

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/20 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

David and Deb wrote:

I’m still looking and recently found a 2013 Leisure Van Freespirit ss for sale that has everything I want, including low mileage and a dry bath. BUT it’s priced at $90+K !! So I looked it up on NADA and it appears that is the new price? I’m not sure how to find out what the used price should be? Help!!

The Freespirit isn't made anymore, so they're rare. But still, that price is a bit to high. I think the original sticker price back in 2013 would have been around $120K. RV's aren't like houses that appreciate, or like cars that depreciate at a fairly slow rate. In general, after about 5 years an RV is only worth about 1/2 of what it cost new if it's in really good shape. My rule of thumb is to use depreciation figures of 15%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5% for the first 5 years.

But as a Leisure Travel RV owner myself I can tell you most owners really prize them and most that I've seen offered for sale used are overpriced. Nice if the seller can get it though.

I'd suggest calling the PPL Motorhomes people in Houston and see if they can find you one or tell you what the going price for one of that age would sell for. They move a lot of RVs on consignment so they have a good idea of prices, and they're fair. At least I thought they were when I sold my previous RV thru them.

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/20 04:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.rvtrader.com/Leisure-Travel-........C2280884&model=FREE%20SPIRIT%7C764844670

Here are 7 including several 2013's one of which is probably the one you looked at. They all seem to be high.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> Thinking about downsizing to a B
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.