cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wrong Equipment?

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saw this at a rest area in Oregon yesterday. Never saw the owner, hopefully he went to get a different truck...

37 REPLIES 37

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
If I had air suspension Iโ€™d deflate it when I parked just to set off this kind of fussing. Iโ€™d add some stick on bullet holes.

Add a couple strips of yellow Police Warning Tape to make it more interesting :@

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
All I could afford wrote:
Maybe heโ€™s from the Carolinas, some of them like that look even without a trailer.

I thought the same thing. Probably on air bags. I had an S-10 with hydraulics that would do that front and back.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe heโ€™s from the Carolinas, some of them like that look even without a trailer.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even the wt distribution should have more of an impact.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
where's the anti-weight police crowd?:R
A few of us read all the posts.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What is weird, is how short the tongue on that trailer appears to be, must be an illusion from the pics. Doesnโ€™t look like you could round a tight corner without kissing the trailer with the tow rig.

If the suspension isnโ€™t blown in that Escalade then, yeah thereโ€™s something seriously wrong with the setup.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
If I had air suspension Iโ€™d deflate it when I parked just to set off this kind of fussing. Iโ€™d add some stick on bullet holes.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Umm... What's the problem here? :S

Over the summer we were in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We were playing tourist one day and stopped at a gas station for a bathroom. Saw a large trailer like this being pulled by a Nissan Armada. Same thing, no WDH and nearly hitting the ground at the back end. The plates were from somewhere down south. I have no idea how they made it that far towing like that.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:

None needed. That's true Darwinism at work there. The problem will rectify itself.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:
You do know that the vehicle has self leveling Autoride suspension? When they start the engine it will air up, it probably has a slow leak, a common problem with those.

Or popped one or both of the air shocks. It looks 100% bottomed out.
Probably less of a driver ignorance issue and more of a mechanical failure of the Escalade.
But it is an ignorance issue with the rvnet weight cops who were waiting for a pic like that.
Fwiw, I just bought an old, much older than that Escalade, Tahoe with autoride.
For giggles, I dropped my 32โ€™ enclosed trailer onto the hitch. Probably about 1000lbs tongue weight. It aired right back up to unloaded height.
I wouldnโ€™t want to see how long the 19 year old shocks held up to that weight, but they worked
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œThe simplest solution would be to just move his wife Lucy's rock collection...โ€

For NICKY to move TACYโ€™s rock collection.

Lucille Ball as Tacy Bolton-Collini
Desi Arnaz as Nicholas 'Nicky' Collini
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like either the WD hitch needs to be adjusted properly or it's not rated properly.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The simplest solution would be to just move his wife Lucy's rock collection to the back of the trailer...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate