cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class A metal roof sealant

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Monaco Class A with a metal roof and the sealant is starting to check. Wonder if this is what I should use to reseal it.
See pics. Not the whole roof just over the seams.

Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
4 REPLIES 4

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Clean and dry the joint real good first. Then cover it with a roll of Eternabond and you'll never have to seal it again. The stuff is great!
https://www.bestmaterials.com/Eternabond.aspx
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

tomgagne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a metal roof on my Monaco and I’ve done what gbopp has recommended. Eternabond on the seam. Just clean the dirt and you can apply the tape right over the existing chalking. They have a role which is 6 inches wide. I’ve had the coach 12 years and the eternabond has been on it for 7. Follow the directions and you can be done in a few hours

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I've never owned a metal roof but, I would clean the seams and cover them with Eternabond.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
For a metal roof, yes. I wouldn’t wait for cracking or whatever you wrote. At least yearly maintenance is essential. You’ve been lucky.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad