Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dutchmen Atlas or Keystone Cougar

jsharptooth91
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

First post here

I am in the market for a new 5th wheel. Both have almost the same exact plans!
2020 KEYSTONE COUGAR 368MBI OR 2020 DUTCHMEN ATLAS 3552MBKB

We are going to use our current Cougar for trade in, paid off

Both are priced about the same and have about the same options.

Right now, we are full time RV's in a 2019 Keystone Cougar 31BH TT.
We have been in this one for about 6 months with no issue.

We live in a area where it can get cold, apx 10-20 deg. In the wonder PNW (Oregon), so it rains a lot.

Cougar seems to have better suspension and heated tanks, says it rated for colder weather, incommand system.

Atlas dont state they have better suspension and or heated tanks. No incommand. But not a deal breaker.

What are your thoughts on incommand vs non incommand (not sure what ya call it)

Wondering what feedback yall would give?
Atlas or Cougar?
4 REPLIES 4

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
The same people build them all. The higher prices don't insure better quality, only that there are more things that can fail.
Until the RV industry is regulated like cars and trucks it will not get any better. We are all addicted to the RV lifestyle and they will do what they want in the meantime.
Puma 30RKSS

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Thor Dutchman or Keystone. Neither one has a good reputation for customer relations or service. If you go with one of these, you need to have an extremely good dealer.

I would look at Vanleigh, grand Design or Arctic Fox.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

My "20" Redwood Fifth Wheel has the InCommand System in it and I am still on the fence about it..

Likes-
I can control almost everything directly from my phone as well as the control screen. I can control SOME of the features from another state if need be as long as it is linked to wifi. I can control he front landing gear from my phone. This is especially nice when hooking or unhooking !

Dis Likes-
There are virtually NO light switches inside, only a few, almost ALL are on the control panel. The AC is operated via the panel, IF the system has issues, EVERYTHING would be effected!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
I would stick with the cougar as they are now warrantied for full time living as of this year...not sure if the Dutchman carries that same warranty. I would say the tank heaters over none would def help you out too in colder climates. I am also curious what the R value rating is on the units as neither state what they are. I know grand design has high R values of 40 roof 30 floor and 9 for the walls with some up to 11 on the walls....my passport if I remember correctly is only R11 ceiling and floor and 7 for the walls...being full time this could make a big difference in heating and cooling your rig. Sorry I don't know much at all about the in-command system.
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K