cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
the old 2000 Newmar backup camera finally gave up.

What to replace it with.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
14 REPLIES 14

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Fred

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
JOERVDREAM wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
We spliced in a new camera. using a Kenwood CMOS - 130 and the wires in coach

I have an older setup tube type monitor and rear camera in my 05 that is in black and white. If I install a new camera and flat screen monitor thatโ€™s in color will the existing wiring work in color?

Yes the existing wiring will work for color if you can find adapters or splice the ends.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

JOERVDREAM
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:

I have an older setup tube type monitor and rear camera in my 05 that is in black and white. If I install a new camera and flat screen monitor thatโ€™s in color will the existing wiring work in color?

toptentech
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to leave this headache so check these ***Link Removed*** which are best for you. First, check this and read reviews about this and then you decide

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed the VOX in my 36 ft DP yesterday and it did not send a signal to the screen in front. Went over and tested the wiring several times and nothing. I also moved the antenna to several locations with no results. I removed it and then installed it in my F-350 dually and it worked there. So it is my opinion that the distance and the fact that that there is a metal firewall back there obstructs the transmission. Could be wrong but I am sending it back anyway.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We tested this one at the store when it first came out. Incredible range. We took the camera to the shop building (corr. aluminum) and left the camera in the store. 150 and 2 buildings away, the picture was crystal clear. It is a little pricey, but the big issue with the cheap ones is interference over short distances.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
VOX came today. Looks pretty simple to install. I'll let you know. Since this thing works off the back up lights it is useless to monitor whatever you are towing going down the high way. I am only using it to hook up my trailers which I can't see the hitch with my factory camera. I can still use the original to monitor going down the road.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 40Ft DP. this has really made my day. Wireless and it works very well
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVcams.com ! 100% great company.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I used RVcams and was well pleased, except for the price.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I would talk to RVcams.com

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just ordered a VOX last night----no wires!

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.tadibrothers.com/