cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50" - 55" TV... Uses 55 watts or less.

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a 50" - 55" TV that uses 55 watts or less that is still in production and can be purchased.

I have an older 50" that pulls about 52 watts. Just concerned it will need replacing. The speakers took a dump, which I was able to find a pair to replace them with (just haven't done yet) been using headphones. I would just buy another one but isn't available anymore.

Messaged with someone that said they had a Samsung 55" that uses about 4 amps @ 12v, which would be about 48 watts before any inefficiencies. They couldn't tell me the model, so they could have been full of it.

Most of the newer TV's don't tell you anything about watts and those that do are always like 100 watts or more. I think it may be that almost everything is 4K now.

Don't need 4K, happy with 1080P.
19 REPLIES 19

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Roger,

It seems to me you have a working TV, but the speakers have failed; however, you're able to use it with headphones?

If that's correct, then a pair of desktop computer speakers that run on 12 volts seem to be a better solution than replacing your TV.

We used to have desktop speakers - amplified - and they all ran off 12volt wall warts - and I think they pulled about an amp based on what I remember on the power supplies (12volts, 1 amp) - soemthing to consider.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The 55" Samsung I bought last month says 65 watts on the sticker.

Most LED TVs are easy on the electrons.

The old 50" plasma TV in our bedroom has a great picture, but it
pulls 600 watts. Yeah...
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer
I guess a TV pulling 65 amps is beyond HD.

Thanks for the correction.
Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
garry1p wrote:
I don't know the size of your battery bank but to operate the 65 amp TV above for 16 hours would require a 180 AH battery.

watts

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know the size of your battery bank but to operate the 65 watt TV above for 16 hours would require a 180 AH battery.
Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Samsung 55"

On-mode power consumption
65 Watts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
The 4ks I've seen are 40-60w.

50" - 55" ?

What makes / models?

I haven't seen one that was less than 90, assuming such info was provided.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
The 4ks I've seen are 40-60w.

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
RogerD1 wrote:
Not at this time, but it will be in the future running 100% off a battery bank.
It's an insignificant jump on shore power, but on battery, 4 amps to 10 is. Perhaps another battery, or turn the darn thing off now and then! ๐Ÿ™‚

I use it as a monitor for my laptop for work and I watch a lot of movies, tv, etc...

I turn it off when I sleep. My usage isn't going to change.

No sense having to add a battery if I can just get another tv with similar power consumption.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
RogerD1 wrote:
It's an insignificant jump on shore power, but on battery, 4 amps to 10 is. Perhaps another battery, or turn the darn thing off now and then! ๐Ÿ™‚

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
RogerD1 wrote:
I'm looking for a new one to buy for when mine finally dies with the same power consumption, so my power usage won't jump.
I'll bite.. is this on battery?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
RogerD1 wrote:
I'm looking for a new one to buy for when mine finally dies with the same power consumption, so my power usage won't jump.
I'll bite.. is this on battery?

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Why is this important?

I run my tv all the time. I'm looking for a new one to buy for when mine finally dies with the same power consumption, so my power usage won't jump.

RogerD1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
Usually the labeled watt rating is a peak value. The average would be less. About the only way to know the typical wattage is to plug the TV into a meter like a Kill-A-Watt.

That's why I'm asking if anyone has one that meets the specs I'm looking for.

Some specs online will tell you peak and average watts. But all the ones I was able to find it for was like 100 watts for the average.