cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 National Tradewinds

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Two years ago I traded my 203 National Tradewinds for a 2013 Newmar Canyon Star at the FMCA Rally in Indio. I have often wondered who ended up with the Tradewinds. I loved it and regretted.

I had to part with it. It had a strange quirk and I told the dealer about it and I may have solved the problem before I turned it in. A couple or three times I would be driving along and attempt to make a left turn and the steering would lock up. I would continue straight and at the next right it usually completer the turn.

I was told it was the Mitre box steering and replaced that before I turned it in. I didn't want someone to buy it and something happen. If the dealer left all the records in the Tradewinds the new owner would know, I doubt they did, sometimes dealers can be a little shady. I bought the Tradewinds in 2002 at a show in Sacramento, Ca. Loved it. I also replace the house batteries and tires.
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !
4 REPLIES 4

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with all the paperwork and the receipts for all the maintenance and work the owner did. Paperwork is a huge selling point, so I doubt the dealer tossed it all.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
I will guarantee you the dealer stripped every record of your ownership and maintenance out of the vehicle and destroyed them. Dealers then can claim anything they want about previous ownership without any written records to contradict them. That's standard dealer sales policy in all dealerships be it cars, trucks, or RV's.

angler
Explorer
Explorer
It certainly sounds like a steering box issue. You had it replaced it should have fixed the issue. So don't worry.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“I doubt they did,..”

Doubt based on what? Your gut? Inadmissible....worth nothing. You know the dealer. You disparage him/her based on your gut?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad