cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tail lights

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
I posted before regarding my leaking Bargman tail lights. A light sprinkle with a hose to get the dust off, and water wicks up between the two layers of lens material on the backup lamp side. When put away this fall, I even found dust inside.

So I found these to replace these.

They are just barely large enough to cover the holes left by the Bargmans. I didn't care much for the foam gasket included, and used butyl tape instead. The white lens is removable, but sealed with a gasket so no water or dust should enter. They are nice and bright, and meet DOT regs for tail/stop/turn/backup and reflection

'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4
3 REPLIES 3

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our Winnebago came with Command Electronic lights and every few years I've had to replace the gaskets. I'll take your suggestion and use butyl tape next time. The Commands allow water inside the walls as soon as the gasket shrinks in past the taillight perimeter. Apparently nobody has come up with a good taillight design for RVs yet.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don’t have any issues with my tail lights (I did have a bulb burn out once in 13 years, but I also thought I’d check out LEDs if they every went out.

Btw, my lights are mounted in a flat piece of aluminum bumper, so no issues if it got wet, the water would just run down out of the way hurting nothing.

Those look great.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

Bargman tail lights on our Bigfoot.
Condensation collects in light housing but no leaking in the camper. Any moisture drys out in the sun. Your new lights look good! Butyl tape is a good idea.
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.