Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Do you have a bed liner?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Do you have a bed liner?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford f 150 2005 used pretty hard. have sprayed in X liner best money I ever spent on a truck ,93k on it now and the liner is in great shape.

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

riven1950 wrote:

I would not go without a liner. I have had slide in and sprayed liners. Sprayed is better.

X2

Touring in our 2010 Suncruiser, beaches, site seeing, national parks, chillaxing..

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

rhagfo wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

I actually prefer a bed mat for my use as I don't like spray liners since they get faded and tired looking after a few years while the rest of the truck looks good.

Must have been a lower quality spray in as the one in our 2001 Ram still look great when we sold it last June.
Current Ram 3500 has spray in also still looks great.

Yeah and Ram dashboards don't crack and fall to pieces in your area like they did here.

My Dodge Ram dashboard isn't cracked/falling to pieces nor are any if the other trim pieces
Truck is outside in AZ

You must have some ocean front property in Arizona too... [emoticon]

Here's our 05 about a year ago. The top of the dash is just about gone now.

This truck really needed a dashboard cover more so than a bed mat when it was new to prevent such a disaster.

[image]

[image]

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

2006 new truck...had Line-X spray done over top of bed rail
Has never chipped.
Some fading
Nothing slides
Durable
Easy to clean.....just spray it out

Next truck..SAME thing

X2

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, recently added a 2016 Livin Lite 21RBS travel trailer. No Wood!No Rot!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

rhagfo wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

I actually prefer a bed mat for my use as I don't like spray liners since they get faded and tired looking after a few years while the rest of the truck looks good.

Must have been a lower quality spray in as the one in our 2001 Ram still look great when we sold it last June.
Current Ram 3500 has spray in also still looks great.

Yeah and Ram dashboards don't crack and fall to pieces in your area like they did here.

Yup 100% difference between baking 24/7/365 in the sun down south vs the wet PNW or a vehicle that is garaged.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

If purely cosmetic scratches in the paint bother you...get a bed liner.

Really not needed if you only occasionally carry loads.

If you are going to get one, the spray/paint on over the slide in...We had a slide in and the ridges were killer on the knees if you had to crawl in.

After all the myriad of opinions, this is it.
If you don't care about scratches, get a bed mat so stuff doesn't slide around and call it a day.
If you're using it like a car trunk then the bed rug things are cute, as long as the tonneau cover is 100% waterproof.
If you use it like a truck or are concerned about the cosmetics of the inside of the bed, get it sprayed.
But whatever you do, don't use the apply it yourself at home stuff. Some are ok, but there's a lot of work in prep unless you're prepared for that and most/all of them aren't as durable as commercial liners

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experience with bed liners:

Rubber mat - Keeps floor of bed in good shape and keeps items from sliding around when loaded but does not protect the wheel wells or bed walls from damage.
Drop in plastic liner - Keeps floor, wheel wells and bedside in good shape but very slick when carry loads and abrades paint when flexing under load.
Spray on liner - Protects entire bed from scratches and abrasions while resisting loads from sliding but does not protect against dents or punctures.

After having these three different liners, I would suggest a spray in liner for scratches with a rubber bed mat for dents.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you work out of the back of your truck, I think a liner of some sort is a good idea. I honestly believe that all the OEM's in an effort to make them lighter/cheaper have removed alot of material from the bed and they count on the end user to add strength back in through a bedliner of some sort. I have used spray in since it became available and it works for me, doesn't protect against dents as stated but it does help to keep things from sliding around. As thin as the beds are putting some protection in the working end of the pickup isnt a bad thing.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 15 RAM LongHorn came with a liner, it's AWESOME!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne, that's the worst "bed liner" I've ever seen.

I prefer the sprayed in variety but will always have some kind of bed liner. No reason to beat it up.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Do you have a bed liner?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.