cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 1500 Duramax 100 Mile MPG Tow Test

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like some pretty good performance from the new 3.0 Duramax. I do like that the engineers used post DPF exhaust for the EGR input which prevents the EGR cooler and the intake from building up soot.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
7 REPLIES 7

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
kw/00 wrote:
I know time will tell on this engine/transmission combo. But GM did a smart thing by going the inline 6 route. Iโ€™m sure it will go over the 150k, just the belt needs replaced... overall Iโ€™m watching the market on these 1/2 ton diesel trucks. Iโ€™m wondering how strong and long the market will be for these trucks. I see the advantage of owing one one day, when we downsize from the large fifth wheel. Chevy should have put a much large Fuel tank in their truck... good grief the tank is about the size of my 69 C10...
I think you are not alone a lot of baby boomers will downsize and won't need a 3/4 or 1 ton. It nice to have to have choices from the big three.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ScottG wrote:
Imagine how good the mileage would have been if he hadn't been doing 70 the whole time.

I was thinking the same thing.

I also can't believe he was originally towing that trailer with a Colorado.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Imagine how good the mileage would have been if he hadn't been doing 70 the whole time.

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
I know time will tell on this engine/transmission combo. But GM did a smart thing by going the inline 6 route. Iโ€™m sure it will go over the 150k, just the belt needs replaced... overall Iโ€™m watching the market on these 1/2 ton diesel trucks. Iโ€™m wondering how strong and long the market will be for these trucks. I see the advantage of owing one one day, when we downsize from the large fifth wheel. Chevy should have put a much large Fuel tank in their truck... good grief the tank is about the size of my 69 C10...
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Impressive results and great video. We wish we had been able to get that performance when we were towing. Thanks.

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m getting more impressed with this engine. Granted I canโ€™t use a 1/2 ton at this time, but if I needed one, this truck would be the first on my list.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not really impressed with 10.7 mpg.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad