cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigger stabilizer bar improvement in handling?

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone gone for a thicker stabilizer bar on their Class A and did it improve the handling?
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
11 REPLIES 11

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Many have gone to bigger anti-sway bars. also the bushings on the bars may need replacement.. HOWEVER.. I drive a workhorse.. NO bushings to wear out... (And an "Oversizw" Sway bar from the factory)

So the answer is "It might" .

nope if you can go bigger always better
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Many have gone to bigger anti-sway bars. also the bushings on the bars may need replacement.. HOWEVER.. I drive a workhorse.. NO bushings to wear out... (And an "Oversizw" Sway bar from the factory)

ASSUME this was a Workhorse W chassis.

Very, very different from a Workhorse P chassis which does have bushings.

Again, one answer does not apply to all.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Octaneforce
Explorer
Explorer
Typically a bigger class a is never going to drive as tight as your 24ft class c sprinter. Those sprinters are caddilacs. Depending on your budget you should consider skipping all the stops and getting a diesel pusher.
1993 fleetwood coronado 30โ€™ class a chuggin along with a tbi 454
An On demand hot water heater was the best thing i ever did

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
thicker stabilizer bar on their Class A front and rear will always improve the handling and I will stand behind that no madder what.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
With an older Ford chassis, we did the "cheap handling fix" both front and rear and it improved handling a lot. We also added a Safe T Plus steering stabalizer on the front. Those 2 things made a big difference for ours.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the chassis and even the year of the chassis. Also depends on the WB/OL with the shorter wheelbase/overall length being more sensitive and benefiting more from add on devices.
Brett Wolfe

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
I added the Helwig rear track bar and it made a HUGE difference in stabilized travel when towing my car. Before it was a handful trying to keep the thing going straight down the road. Now like it is on rails. Well worth the investment.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, but actually we are toying with the idea of trading up to a Class A so we have questions.

Handling of our class C is quite good, but we hear that Class A, not so good.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
PLEASE, if you want information relevant to YOUR CHASSIS, please make clear exactly what you have.

Good advice for other class A chassis may well be wrong for another chassis.

From your signature, are we to assume that you are asking for advice for your Class C Winnebago View???
Brett Wolfe

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
I put a Hellwig anti-sway bar on the rear of my National Seabreeze and it made a huge difference. I no longer get pushed by passing semis and box trucks. A bit more stable in crosswinds as well.

Al