cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
The handheld shower head in my 5th wheel broke on our last trip and I'm looking to replace it.

On our old 5th wheel I installed an Oxygenics shower head and everyone loved it. My wife and daughters said that it provided enough flow for them to really rinse their hair.

When looking online I see that there is now a Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower Head available. Has anyone installed one of these and is it as good or better than the original?

I won't be needing it anytime soon as the 5th is stored away for the winter but would like to have it ready when Spring comes along.
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
27 REPLIES 27

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
I understand the hair thing. I have long hair and use extra water to wet, wash, rinse if the pressure isn't good. The minor little sprays don't even get to my scalp.

Exactly.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
ependydad wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
An Oxygenics shower head uses about 1 1/2 gallon per minute. I use a shower head with a slow gentle stream. I use about a gallon for an entire shower. If you need to conserve water, an Oxygenics is a poor choice. If you are using hook ups then it doesn't matter.

How much hair do you and your family have?

If you mean on the top of my head, not very much anymore. :B I do have it everywhere else though.lol

The worst is the stuff coming out of my ears. :B I haven't figured out a good way to deal with that yet. If I use a scissors I end up cutting myself and a beard trimmer bothers me with the humming up close to my ear drums.

The girlfriend has short hair, her pre teen young grand kids have short hair. And the teenagers have short hair on the top of their heads and shave everything else these days,,, even the boys.

On the opposite end of the spectrum - I save water with the Oxygenics with my family even though it uses more water per minute. We are a bunch of wookies with 3 of the 4 of us having long thick hair.

We spend less time getting the shampoo out of our hair than we would with a crappy sprayer and thusly use less water.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I understand the hair thing. I have long hair and use extra water to wet, wash, rinse if the pressure isn't good. The minor little sprays don't even get to my scalp.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
ependydad wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
An Oxygenics shower head uses about 1 1/2 gallon per minute. I use a shower head with a slow gentle stream. I use about a gallon for an entire shower. If you need to conserve water, an Oxygenics is a poor choice. If you are using hook ups then it doesn't matter.

How much hair do you and your family have?

If you mean on the top of my head, not very much anymore. :B I do have it everywhere else though.lol

The worst is the stuff coming out of my ears. :B I haven't figured out a good way to deal with that yet. If I use a scissors I end up cutting myself and a beard trimmer bothers me with the humming up close to my ear drums.

The girlfriend has short hair, her pre teen young grand kids have short hair. And the teenagers have short hair on the top of their heads and shave everything else these days,,, even the boys.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Some water pumps are adjustable. You can adjust the pressure. Unless you are talking about when you use city water, then maybe you can just turn up the water pressure on the pump and get the flow you desire.

I adjust mine super low to save water in the tank.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I shower in dihydrogen oxide and also use 78% (approx) nitrogen.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
paddykernahan wrote:
...One thing though, I noticed my shower head seemed to use more nitrogen than oxygen ๐Ÿ™‚
You must be showering in nitous oxide. That sure would be an exciting adventure.

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
......Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

I read the ad. It says the shower head can use as little as 1.5 gallons/minute. Since I am looking to maintain my 1 gallon shower that gives me a total of about 45 seconds for a shower. I don't need oxygen in my shower, just a low flow so I can wet down and later rinse off without using gallons and gallons of water.

I tried one and not sure I'm convinced it is any better than a regular water saving shower head. Probably not worth the trouble to experiment and see which one uses the least amount of water.
One thing though, I noticed my shower head seemed to use more nitrogen than oxygen ๐Ÿ™‚

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012Coleman wrote:
......Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

I read the ad. It says the shower head can use as little as 1.5 gallons/minute. Since I am looking to maintain my 1 gallon shower that gives me a total of about 45 seconds for a shower. I don't need oxygen in my shower, just a low flow so I can wet down and later rinse off without using gallons and gallons of water.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
Shower head heretic here. A shower head is a shower head. Some have one spray, others have multiple sprays. There's nothing magical that makes an Oxygenic any better or worse than any other brand. It's just another shower head.
Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

Do not persist in your unbelief - but believe!

The part about Delrin being one of the secret weapons of Oxygenics success was new info for me.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Etstorm wrote:
I do not dry camp and usually only two of us. I have the Oxygenic and due to the flow restrictions, I drilled it out to get more water.

Nurse daughter turned us on to this. DW greatly dislikes dry camping and on the occasional times we're forced into it we'll 'shower' with packaged (forget brand) hospital single use 'washcloths' from the local medical supply store.

x2 on the restrictor. Thankfully the WaterPik we have had a pop-out metal disk restrictor, real easy to remove. Also had a hose easily twice the length of what came in the RV.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Washing your hair while camping is like camping in a motel. LOL.

I do a lot of camping and hiking in the desert Southwest. After a day of activity, I am hot and sweaty and that includes my hair. At the very minimum I want at least a sponge bath so I am clean enough to get in bed. I can skip a shower and hair washing on days when I don't do much.

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
I do not dry camp and usually only two of us. I have the Oxygenic and due to the flow restrictions, I drilled it out to get more water.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Washing your hair while camping is like camping in a motel. LOL.