cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Owner Needing Info

coons30
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. New to this forum and hoping to find a bit of assistance with my new to me Class A motorhome.
Recently purchased a 1998 Four Winds/Thor Windsport Class A and I am enjoying the upgrade as my first unit was an older Class C that I purchased from a local wrecking yard, made it useable again, then had to sell it due to it being a money pit.

One issue that my new to me unit has is that the passenger side convex mirror was cobbled together by a former owner using a piece of residential mirror glass, and I would really like to find a proper replacement convex to put back into the mirror head. The mirror unit is a heated, power flat glass with a manual lower convex.
Curious if anyone may be able to help me identify the mirror manufacturer, and maybe even assist in locating a part number for the convex replacement assembly and mounting screws.
I believe it to be a Velvac mirror, but I purchased a convex replacement kit for a Velvac model 2025 mirror head (kit number 709589) and the kit does not match the drivers side convex setup.

Any information that someone could provide will help me out tremendously.. thank you in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I sent pics of the extra one I have to you twice at the number you provided and never heard anything---guess I'll pack it away once more.

coons30
Explorer
Explorer
Reviewed mirror designs on the Ramco website and ordered the replacement convex kit for the 7000 series mirror head design. Received the kit yesterday 12/04 and will be attempting installation today. Hopefully this is the proper replacement.
Thank you to all for the assistance and information provided. I will update once installation is complete.

coons30
Explorer
Explorer
Sent Colaw and Visone both email requests for assistance. As for the exact model (Velvac or Ramco) I honestly do not know which manufacturer they are.
As I mentioned, I purchased a Velvac kit thinking they were a Velvac model 2025 mirror (as they look relatively similar) but the convex replacement kit mirror mount will not allow the mirror to be adjusted due to its thickness of the plastic. All fits in the mirror head, but its very snug with little room on all sides.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried ti get a replacement signal light that mounts on my 1998 Velvac mirror and it cost $43 and was nothing more than a $2.50 deal from a truck stop and didn't fit anyway....They refunded my money and told me parts for the 1998 on my Monaco were no longer available. Got one from Wal Mart that worked but had to wire it in.

Check your private messages

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
There are two main mfgs of mirrors used on class A MHs. One is Velvac and the other is Ramco. It would be most helpful to let us know which you have. The lower convex mirrors can be had from the mfg for around $45. Give us more detailed information and we can give you much better answera (unless you can tell me how many fingers am I holding up)?
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check with Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
welcome ,there are rv salvage yards might try google or some one will chime in on there location.