cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So how do I use this solar charge port on my camper?

JoshuaH
Explorer
Explorer
Camper we just bought has a port on the outside called "Furrion Solar Charge".

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49138425607_8cb1d28283_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49138424907_c76c9671b6_b.jpg

I could not find anything in the manual about this. I'm assuming this is for hooking up a solar panel.

Do I still need a charge controller between this port and my solar panel? Or can I hook my solar panel directly to this port?

Does anyone know where I can get the other end of this plug to connect to it?

I own a 100 watt solar panel and controller that we used on our last two campers.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

freetime58
Explorer
Explorer
It's so easy to snip off the Renolgy connector and wire on the correct one for your port. Nothing mysterious about them, black and red wires just like any 12v system, took me about 5 minutes, soldered the wires, used shrink tubing to weather proof and a a small length of wire loom for added protection, looks like factory.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
The GoPower portable solar kits contain that Furrion plug. It's made for portable panels. Most kits have a controller built in.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
You need an adapter if your solar panel is not Furion.

My frustrations as I bought two and the jack does not match my Renogy solar panel wiring, etc., etc., until I ended up just hard-wiring my sola panel controller direct to the battery.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
YouTube.. using your Furrion
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the distance from the solar panel to the controller you may not want to do so. What gauge wire did the manufacturer use? Do you find 100 solar watts adequate? Nowโ€™s the time to install more solar.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad