Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: dumping tanks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> dumping tanks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I keep a list of people and locations who dump the grey on the ground because it doesn’t matter. Then, when my grey tank is full I stop by their house and let it rip. Of course, I also publish the locations online because it doesn’t matter. [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

I keep a list of people and locations who dump the grey on the ground because it doesn’t matter. Then, when my grey tank is full I stop by their house and let it rip. Of course, I also publish the locations online because it doesn’t matter. [emoticon]

The fish scene

towpro

Compass PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on the Lot my brother and I built in Mountains of Central PA I ended up installing a "penn state privy" basically a 1000 square holding tank with an box with toilet seat mounted over a hole on one end that is vented to outside.
We covered the whole tank with a 68" x 98" shed so we store stuff in it.

I installed a 4" chimney to vent the tank to outside, than added a 120v radon van to this vent stack.
first time I used it you set on the seat with fan running and the wind would just about suck you down and seal you to the seat, so I put a high current dimmer on the radon fan to slow it down [emoticon].

at the final inspection the the inspector said "I don't want to see you bury a pipe from that RV to the holding tank". so we use a blue tote instead [emoticon].

with 3 or more RV's using this we can go 2 years before the tank gets full enough. We know its time to pump out the tank if you get hit by "splash back" when using the inside seat [emoticon]

at new home I live uphill from street so I can use a masarator pump, but its just as easy to drive a couple miles down the street to use the local campground (that charges $20.00)

my RV storage area has a what looks like a sewer clean out right next to this building that is on the property. the building has a toilet so this clean out drain must work. I know the water there comes on.

I keep forgetting to ask the guy that run the RV storage committee about that.

Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz.

Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range

ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

Let me see if l understand this . It's ok for you to dump your grey water at someone's house but not OK for them to dump their great water in the boonies .

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

It doesn't bother you that people drain their gray water does it? [emoticon]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

I'll pm you my addy. I don't give a schitt, literally or figuratively!
You can even get a beer out of my fridge to complete the "Schitters full" scene!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey, I thought we were trying to come up with the funniest response. I have other things to do than hold my water. [emoticon]

Besides, if I believed in the nanny state, I would have stayed in WA.

Thanks for the beer offer and your address!

Boondocking2019

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 12/01/19 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I built our home I put in a cement RV Pad and that included a 30 Amp Connection plus RV Tank dump connection that drains to the Septic Tank. I make a point to dump tanks before leaving Camp site or last option to dump at home. With a Truck Camper I’m dumping at the nearest opportunity don’t need that extra weight.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I seldom stay in campgrounds with hookups so I always dump at home.

I have a hard time thinking a couple hundred pounds makes much difference.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/19 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

I seldom stay in campgrounds with hookups so I always dump at home.

I have a hard time thinking a couple hundred pounds makes much difference.

It does when you have holding tanks 7 ft behind rear axle.
Only once I drove with over 100 lb of gray water and purposing was getting out of control.
Dumping on west coast is not easy, but about every 500 miles you will find free dump at rest area. Then lot of places where you can do it for a fee.
For me it is easy. Dump fees are $5-10, when with my pass I can stay at several campgrounds for $7 with free dumping.
Beware that some campgrounds will charge you for staying and sill have dump fee.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> dumping tanks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.