cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newmar

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
How are the panels on ceiling attached. I notice I got one swaying down. Try to figure how to get it fixed
5 REPLIES 5

lockdoc
Explorer
Explorer
I glued my panels in place with an automotive headliner spray. I pulled the overhead vents and created as much room as I could to spray into a cavity and used some plywood and a material load handling ratchet bar to keep pressure on the ceiling for overnight. I also used some construction glue around the ceiling vent holes while I had the pressure on it. When I released the pressure the next day i was pleased with the results.

I have a 2000 Newmar Mountain Aire.
2000 Newmar Mountain Aire 4093
Rotax 912 powered parachute
Loving DW, DS& soon to be DIL, DD GS Owners web site

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have not done a Newmar Vinyl but have on Newmar Fabric. BUT, Monaco used Vinyl panels as well as other OEM's. THOSE ceiling panels come in 4 by 8 foot pads. They have the vinyl glued to the wood backer. You replace the complete 4 by 8 foot cutting out for cabinets and such. It is then glued in to the overhead Styrofoam and roof studs. At one time Monaco was supplying rolled foam/Vinyl and you removed the existing vinyl/foam. Scraped the remnants off the wood ceiling backer and then glued the new to the old. Hopefully, Newmar supplies the vinyl only. IF the wood ceiling backer is intact, then remove the vinyl/foam and scrape and glue new on. Newmar used to pay 4.0 hours PER 4 by 8 foot section for the Fabric replacement under warranty. Same with Monaco for Vinyl only replacement. This should give you a time frame on how long the repair should take. Doug

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I'd ask Newmar?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

farmingdad
Explorer
Explorer
It is vinyl panels in king air

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Is it the fabric/vinyl or the complete panel? If the fabric, it is glued to the ceiling luan wood panels. You use standard auto spray glue for a headliner. Doug