cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding 2nd radio to Discovery

Gig_em
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Fleetwood Discovery. The radio volume knob doesn’t work. I was thinking about leaving the cameras hooked up to this unit and adding a new radio in the open area to the right of the existing unit. Has anyone done this? Any issues?
3 REPLIES 3

Gig_em
Explorer
Explorer
Fred - No. Great thought, but it’s the same problem that happens on many radios where you spin the knob and the volume does what it wants. I’ve seen some videos that recommend spraying contact cleaner in the connection. The way this one is sealed doesn’t seem to help.

Wa8yxm - Great suggestion. Thank you! Sure enough. Still in it’s original package in the cabinet where I put it 10 yrs ago. I’ll get a new battery tomorrow and see if it works.

I’m still interested in putting a 2nd radio so I can leave the camera on and have the radio or map up as well if anyone has done this.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does the radio come with a REMOTE?

I have found the Radio function on most Motor home radios to be a bust. Lack of proper antenna. though I do use it as an audio player.

Now... on my system there is a separate stereo POWER AMP hidden under the dash (Since it can be put in any handy spot I won't say where) IT came with an OPTIONAL "Gain" control (the control and wires are in my Owner's bag) ...
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance it is one of those new-fangled radios where the volume knob does 17 different things and it is just set on an unwanted function?
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA