cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco TV antenna

jolvi
Explorer
Explorer
I have asked this question before, sent an email to Jayco got a reply and is absolutely not a great answer. This is the antenna but nowhere can I find any information about it. Have searched thru unit and cannot find documentation for it. So if any of you all have a clue it would be greatly appreciated. Have sent email to vendor no answer yet and Jayco telling me to contact dealer uh that may be a no answer there too. Anyway this is the information.

TV Antenna: Jayco PN 0342149// ANTENNA,TV AM/FM SHARK FIN BLACK-STEINER

Vendor of Antenna: STEINER TECHNOLOGIES LLC

Thanks
39 REPLIES 39

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
A 150 mile range antenna... Do they also have bridges for sale?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
lishcoli wrote:
https://www.bestgearsreview.com/best-outdoor-tv-antenna-for-rural-areas/

Web site (reviews) above returned.....as a *link* -

Number one choice "Pingbingding" = good price at Amazon!

It's a powered antenna - claim is good for 150 miles!

The #2 (non-powered) is considerably less - but can vouch for - works great in urban areas (50+ miles). Also avail at Amazon.

:C

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
"lishcoli" - suggest you work on combining posts, proof reading !!- and deleting the "repeats".

Even easier than solving the OP's antenna problem/s, ROTFL

On edit: Yikes! - Had to add "proof reading"....:R !!

Good web site though.

lishcoli
Explorer
Explorer
***Link Removed***antena good ha

lishcoli
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.bestgearsreview.com/best-outdoor-tv-antenna-for-rural-areas/

lishcoli
Explorer
Explorer
I choose to cross a little overkill on these because you by no means recognize whilst you would love to choose up a station it really is a ways away and also you cannot if your ***Link Removed*** is ****. I offered a UHF VHF antenna that turned into quite tons the most important one Winegard made. I needed to add a rotator for it but I could pick up stations you by no means could have believed I may want to get from in which I became at.

lishcoli
Explorer
Explorer
I choose to cross a little overkill on these because you by no means recognize whilst you would love to choose up a station it really is a ways away and also you cannot if your ***Link Removed*** is ****. I offered a UHF VHF antenna that turned into quite tons the most important one Winegard made. I needed to add a rotator for it but I could pick up stations you by no means could have believed I may want to get from in which I became at.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Now you can watch the Mod Squad with the rest of us old guys. Or maybe Honey West
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just a comment. I think I said before that my suggestion would be replace it with a Winegard Sensar IV..

Well after over 14.5 years I did it. . Forgot to put the antenna down when changing campgrounds.. so got to where I am today and it was Gone gone gone

So I did a quick google search and less than 50 dollars later a new Sensar IV head was in the park office when I went to do laundry today, I'd picked up a new connector Sunday so when I got back from the laundry (attached to park office) I broke out the telescoping ladder and went up and re-dressed the cable and compressed on the connector.. Then down and back up with the new head. Then down and crank it up and aim it.. Signal strength way better than I have ever seeen (two stations hit 98 on the TV's signal meter) one station I'd not seen before (4 services) Oh yes.. The old Wingman had a broken wing (this fixed it) and the antenna drooped a bit (This one does not) and it is a 4 not a 3 so it's an serious upgrade.

Happy TV watcher I am once again.

I repeat Replace that omni Piece of Junk with a Sensar IV.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
BTW, if you want to upgrade the pos antenna with simple installation, the KING JACK or the WINEGARD RAZAR Omni directional antennas would be a better choice.

If you want the gold standard, the Winegard Sensar (batwing style) is the way to go. It's a crank-up antenna that you can rotate. Installation is a bit more involved if you want to go down that road.

The installation might be simple, but it would not be an upgrade. The King Jack omni is a non-performing POS.

Directional antennas outperform omnis, period.

I agree
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
BTW, if you want to upgrade the pos antenna with simple installation, the KING JACK or the WINEGARD RAZAR Omni directional antennas would be a better choice.

If you want the gold standard, the Winegard Sensar (batwing style) is the way to go. It's a crank-up antenna that you can rotate. Installation is a bit more involved if you want to go down that road.

The installation might be simple, but it would not be an upgrade. The King Jack omni is a non-performing POS.

Directional antennas outperform omnis, period.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer

Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
jolvi wrote:
Ron3rd wrote:
You realize you need to scan for channels from the TV when you turn the antenna booster on, right? The TV will then grab as many stations as it can. On most antennas you turn the booster off for park cable

I do know that and I know about booster, thing is this antenna has got to be the worst one I have had to date.

I believe you.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

jolvi
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Omnidirectional antennas are a joke, especially in fringe reception areas, which seems to include many campgrounds. RVs come with them because RV manufacturers are cheap. If you want good reception when camping in remote places get a Winegard Sensar IV.

Omnidirectional code for Bad in all directions