cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

toilet

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
does anyone how to fix the seal on the flusher.. the bowl wont hold water for more then an hour or so
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
13 REPLIES 13

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Youtube is your friend

the 3rd youtube is how I change mine. A lot of the time you can reuse the seal by removing it, inspecting it then lubing it.
I bought a spare on Amazon that I keep as a standby. I figure one day the old seal is going have enough of putting up with me. :B

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Aqua-Magic Residence, the water valve leaks, it is foot operated operated, the ball does open.
I have a parts list, but do not see how to take it apart.
Has anyone on here taken this model apart?

Thanks,
Dusty

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a tooth brush used on the seal, it worked.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can purchase a new seal if the toilet is a Domitedic toilet. For a temporary fix that worked with me. get some rubber gloves, shut off the water, open the valve with the peddle and clean the seal with vinegar or a non abrasive cleaner like Dawn. Then put the water on so the cleaner is rinsed off. Turn the water back off and empty the bowl. Spray some silicone on the seal and in the trap. Let it sit for a moment. Then turn the water back on. It should hold water as long as there are no tears in the seal. BE SURE NOT TO DROP THE CLEANING CLOTH IN YOUR TANK.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
pushtoy 2 wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Youtube is your friend

thank you so much the video was perfect it show my exact toilet.. now iam not afraid to do it

Thats great,
There is a wealth of information here but sometimes you need to see how it is done.:B

Between the two I have fixed a lot of stuff.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Youtube is your friend

thank you so much the video was perfect it show my exact toilet.. now iam not afraid to do it
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
You can try cleaning out the ravine or using oil ... but when that doesn't work then your going to have to remove the toilet and replace the defective mechanism. In hindsight some who have done this procedure might recommend replacing the toilet - there not that expensive and some of the newer toilets are much better than the old ones. In short - removing the toilet in some rigs is a PIA and if you have to go through the trouble why not replace it with something that is new?. Just my 02.
Kevin

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Your domedic will hold for more then a our if you use vinegar.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
domedic 310 can be a breeze or a real PITA.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
The seals are not that hard to replace. It varies by models so make sure you're looking at the directions for what yo have. Since you may have to remove the toilet from the floor, it's a good time to do all maintenance on the toilet. Think about replacing the floor seals, replace any "O" rings, inspect all parts and replace if worn and generally a thorough cleaning. I'm not a big fan on removing the toilet so when I do, everything is getting the once over.

If the current issue is just a very slow loss of water, you may be able to just rejuvenate the seal with one of those RV toilet seal conditioner liquids. They serve to condition and lubricate the seal and work pretty well on those slow leaks.

Good luck!
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Try a few drops of vegetable/cooking oil in it.

Dusty

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Youtube is your friend
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C