cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covering Furniture

beehappy33
Explorer
Explorer
We have very comfy and not very old sleeper sofa and double recliners. They both are starting to peel or the stitching is coming apart. I’m wondering if they can be re-covered with some work or use a slipcover?

The big house is in the process of being remodeled, so I’m not looking to buy new furniture for the little house. Any and all ideas will be helpful!
7 REPLIES 7

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
wopachop wrote:
I do the bed sheets as well. My favorite is when 1 chair has red and the other has blue. Change of colors brightens up the living space.

Great idea
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I do the bed sheets as well. My favorite is when 1 chair has red and the other has blue. Change of colors brightens up the living space.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a cover from Amazon for our sofa sleeper and it works just fine. I don’t remember the exact cost but it wasn’t much. Recovering it was gonna cost more than buying a new one.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Because they are made of pressed/bonded leather, which is scraps from the cutting of actual leather. The stuff is notorious for falling apart. I would go the slip cover route, reupholstering is as costly as buying new.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Re-upholstery will cost as much as buying new. Go with slip covers.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Not the most elegant but we cover our two recliners with twin size fitted sheets.

Full timing living on a lake with lots of sand and a fur baby gets them dirty quickly. Simple to launder.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like Thomas "Pain" stuff - it's a common problem 😞
I kinda like the slip-cover idea.