cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Camp Suggtions around Burley Id. 84 hiway area?

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions for two nights stay around the junction of 84-86 in Idaho in the first week of May 2020. I guest Heyburn is the nearest City references I have. Was thinking of Castle Rocks State Park but, It is approximately 50 miles off of 84. If I can find a nice place a little closer in the area and save 100 miles trip off of 84 so be it. But if Castle Rocks State Park is the place to be and place to see we are willing to do it. Note: Headed to Heber City, Ut after that. First time on a long RV and don't know the good from the bad RV camps are. Don,t mine State and county parks either. Sometimes quite off the main road county RV sites are clean and nice, but some are like down town Portland, Oregon homeless camps. Retired now and trying to slow down at 63. I willing to give a hand up but not a hand out for the rest of ones life. If someone is physical and able mined I say; no workie no eatie, Veterans First are on my list to help out. Yes I worked in 20 minus degree weather for months on end and nothing was ever just given to me.
Chuck
6 REPLIES 6

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Milner Recreation area: 42.524836, -113.943579

He's gone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have used the park in Heyburn and if you are an Elks Lodge member there is an Elks that has RV parking a couple of miles from Heyburn.

sunbug
Explorer
Explorer
Declo, Id. City of Trees RV Park is right off 84 on the river. There is an rv park right in Heyburn. Heyburn Snake River RV Park I think. Nice and not a bad price. Check RVparkreviews.com. Lots of good info there.

j3ff9ack
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Walcott State Park is close to the I-84/86 junction and has electric/water sites. Lots of birds and other wildlife on the lake.

https://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/parks/lake-walcott
2007 Jayco JayFlight 27.5 RKS
2014 RAM 3500 SRW CC CTD 68RFE

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried searching by pressing the RV Parks button at the top of this page? It works pretty well finding parks.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Last summer we stayed a night in American Falls at a marina/campground. Not very close, but a was the best we could find. Under new owners so don't let old reviews throw you.

We did consider Minidoka Wildlife Refuge. No hookups but not too far off the path.

If you haven't seen it Craters of the Moon is a must! Nothing like it!!
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide