cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flattest routes from GA To Nashville,TN

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
I’m interested in the flattest routes from GA to Nashville with my trailer. A friend drove me from ga to tn once, and went through some pretty unnerving terrain
21 REPLIES 21

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
"Co Ed appreciation". LMAO
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
That would have been a great idea! But no, we hadn't taken any advanced arithmetic. We pretty much plateaued at "naught from naught is naught". I was hoping to get into Georgia Tech, but they said I was over qualified. I ended up at UGA, Party hearty major with minor in coed appreciation
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
yep! Had to alternate days with my brother. We only had one pair of shoes between us. 😉

Let me guess: on odd days, you hopped on your left foot and he hopped on his right foot; and on even days, you hopped on your right foot and he on his left?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep! Had to alternate days with my brother. We only had one pair of shoes between us. 😉
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horsedoc , you left out the part ," in two foot of snow ".

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
The OP is correct to pre-plan his route . I plan all of my trips so that the trips are downhill all the way out and back , saves a lot on fuel .

Sounds sorta like the school I went to as a kid. Up hill both ways 😉
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
100 miles (approx) longer and having to deal with Birmingham downtown area? Get real! You think Atlanta is a pain?

I wouldn't do it.....unless I REALLY wanted a "scenic" route.....but the stated objective was to avoid the mountains.

You can't avoid ALL the negative factors with any route.....usually.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
The OP is correct to pre-plan his route . I plan all of my trips so that the trips are downhill all the way out and back , saves a lot on fuel .

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
100 miles (approx) longer and having to deal with Birmingham downtown area? Get real! You think Atlanta is a pain?
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
groundhogy wrote:
Took 20 from atlanta into birmingham.
65 north to nashville area.
Nice, smooth, flat, luxurious.

How much does that add to the trip......maybe 100 miles ?? (versus 75/24)
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Took 20 from atlanta into birmingham.
65 north to nashville area.
Nice, smooth, flat, luxurious.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who will be first with "you guys don't really have mountains back east"?

I-75 to I-24 toward Chattanooga/Nashville. Few curves and short steep climbs until you get to Monteagle and start up onto the Cumberland Plateau. Fairly long pull and then down the other side (go slow - there is an aggravating curve about half mile from the crest) The ride from there to Nashville is just a ride with relatively high traffic and a lot of trucks through some beautiful countryside.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get used to unnerving terrain. Otherwise there is no point in having an RV and running scared all the time.

Either that or you spend the rest of your life on the Coastal Plain, or maybe just move to Florida.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
groundhogy wrote:
Just like to be nice to my equipment if I can. Lol

If.....your "equipment" is properly sized for the job, going up and down a few hills won't harm it in the least.

You can sometimes get yourself into a BIGGER mess by trying to avoid a little one.

I suggest that you just take I-75. The only really bad part, in my opinion, is Chattanooga. If it is daylight and not raining, even that part isn't too bad.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611