cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace blower stops briefly then comes back on.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Atwood Furnace in 2008 fifth wheel: Blower motor stops for two or three seconds then starts again. I don't think that the furnace flames out (I don't hear a 'click'), but I'm not 100% on that. This happens every few minutes. My worry is that the blower will stop and not start again.
6 REPLIES 6

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. Fan motor failing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Furance Fan Motor is failing......or bad ground wire on motor

+1 this is it
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Atwood has a high temperature switch that will temporarily shut down the burner to let it cool. The fan continues to blow warm air and then the burner relights until such time as the temperature has reached what you set the thermostat for.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
I am more inclined to think the flame goes on and off, rather than the blower. If the blower isn't running, the flame cannot come on due to the sail switch not made. Might want to listen closer to the various noises.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't know about RV furnaces, but some furnaces have a limit switch where the heat exchanger has to be up to a certain temp or the fan stops until temp comes back up. If for instance you were just turning the furnace on in a real cold house, the fan would stop momentarily every time that real cold are on the intake side lowered the heat exchanger temperature to much; until the heat exchanger came back up to operating temp, then the fan would kick back on. So if your RV furnace has the same type of operation, this could be normal. If however the house ain't that cold, could be some other problem.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Furance Fan Motor is failing......or bad ground wire on motor
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31