cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

freezer have ice flakes

rthibodaux
Explorer
Explorer
It seem like my freezer door is not closing all the way, there is lots of ice building up around the freezer . can the gasket be replace or is the door not making a good seal, thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
mhardin wrote:

Why not just tell all of us?

Over a couple years I have found they place a made in America sticker inside on the bottom where the two lower doors join. Remove it and clean the glue. The center flap may or may not work, it has to close fully to maintain temp. If it still does not close you will need 2-4 nylon 3/16 washers from any hardware store,a 5/16 socket/nut driver and a flat screw driver. Next remove the trim on the top of the left lower door, you'll find 3 5/16 bolts, remove them. You can now remove that top hinge, the door should stay. Lift it up and off the lower hinge and set it aside. Clean the lower pivot and install the nylon washers as needed to raise the door. Reinstall the top hinge & check door alignment, make sure the flap is in place putting the door back on. Check door & flap operation. It should now close as it is supposed to.

Here's a YouTube on the fix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMsPpc3DDx0
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
To help a gasket reseat, you can take a hair drier to it. Get it warm enough to pluu out a bit and let it cool before closing the door. Often, this will help the gasket realign and seat.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
After mine failed the dollar bill test I called Norcold and they told me they did not sell just the gasket I had to buy the whole door. What I did next was to remove the black plastic latch and removed about .050 ins. off of the plate with a sander. This allowed the door to close tighter and seal against the gasket. My refer is 23 years old so maybe they might sell a gasket for a newer model.

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Super_Dave wrote:
This was happening to me this past summer and it turned out it was the refrigerator door. My refrigerator is a side by side. One door has to close before the other or the flap between the doors doesn't click in properly. In my case, the door on the left has to close firmly before the door on the right closes.

If yours is a Norcold 2118 PolarMax PM me and I can tell you how to fix the stubborn flapper.

Why not just tell all of us?
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
This was happening to me this past summer and it turned out it was the refrigerator door. My refrigerator is a side by side. One door has to close before the other or the flap between the doors doesn't click in properly. In my case, the door on the left has to close firmly before the door on the right closes.

If yours is a Norcold 2118 PolarMax PM me and I can tell you how to fix the stubborn flapper.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes they can be replaced, but do gbopp,s idea first, wipe clean put a dollar bill in the door closed normal, it should pull with some resistance all the way around.not a hard job to change.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Defrost the freezer and clean out the ice, then see if the door closes properly. You may not have to replace the gasket.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Make and model of refrigerator would help.