Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Who has sold everything and started rving for life
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Who has sold everything and started rving for life

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/19 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you saying I could have charged my kids for storage for all the stuff they left behind when they started their own adult lives? Darn it! [emoticon]

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 12/06/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How can you put a price on their leaving? Surely that is worth way more than any reasonable storage fee you can think of....

* This post was edited 12/06/19 05:48pm by an administrator/moderator *

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/08/19 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't see a follow-up from the OP, so my advice is to take it step wise. Travel a few days, then a few weeks, then a few months. Meanwhile see how much you can downsize and what's left. With this, and the travel, you'll knows whether a home base is better than not. Then you can get into the bigger decisions like selling the house. Keep us posted.

Da Moose:2001 31' E450. 30k in 3yrs.
PartyOf5: Driver's DW & 3 pre-teens -trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator
May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

MNGeeks61

Minneapolis, MN

View Profile

Posted: 12/09/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MNGeeks61 wrote:

2oldman wrote:

If you promise to come back.

This one might be real!

Winter months are slow.

welp looks like OP has been busy...hasn't had time to come back.

gina_tim1994

Grovetown

View Profile

Posted: 12/11/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a 36 ft rv right now but when we sale the house was going to look for a bigger one. Me and my husband have hosted one campground and loved it. I am a bus driver and have Summers off and we usually spend it in the camper. I haven't been able to travel and would love to before I get too old, we are just going over 50.. lol I don't mind down sizing, we have stuff we haven't touched in years. I am very excited about this and can't wait to get out there and live a dream of ours.

Zhidoni

Santa Fe, NM

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/19 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I sold or gave away everything and hit the road 2 years ago full time in a 26' winnebago navion. My advice would be to try out the lifestyle for a few weeks before making the commitment. We did 1 month to 5 month trips for several years, before we figured out how to work from the road and cover costs. Be ready for a shock when you sell your stuff; it is worth less than you think!
Also, you need to have something to do. You mentioned work camping, which is good. Be sure you and everyone else in your family have a hobby, work, or some portable pursuit. I actually do web design and e-marketing, and my wife sells rare fabrics and buttons. those help pay the bills and keep us busy! It's not all fun and games.
Also, buy the best rv you can afford. it sucks to break down miles from service. And, consider how and where you want to live. If you like boondocking, a class A is going to limit you somewhat. But a class B might be too small, even though it goes more places. But we have seen people in all kinds of rigs. Heck, we lived for 5 months in a little 4-wheel camper on the back of a 1/2 ton pickup. we could go anywhere in that rig--desert, forest roads, off-road. But, it was like living out of a purse!
You are not crazy. We are happier than we thought we would be.

Currently in a 2016 Navion 24 J no toad. Formerly a 2004 Hallmark Ute on 2002 4wd Ford 3/4 ton; before that a 2014 Tiger Malayan, before that a 2003 Chevy 1/2 T 4X4 with Four Wheel Grandby pop-up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Who has sold everything and started rving for life
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.