cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front receiver on 2012 generation F350

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone that has installed a front receiver on a 2012 or that generation F350 - is it a “simple bolt on installation” or is some fabrication required?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi Yeti - Hitchweb - yes.

I want a high model that is cut through the front valence. More clearance, less leverage on the mounts.

The main uses for the front receiver will be to carry a small motorcycle on a Versa Haul when towing the fishin’ boat, or a junk basket, or maybe a plug in winch. When launching a boat single handed with the camper on it might be easier to push the trailer from the front. In softer ground the heavier axle is on drier ground.

When carrying something you can’t see from the driver seat I’d use what oilfield drivers call rookie sticks to keep the front box out of the shrubbery at the mall.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
^ ???
Uhhh ok, as long as you're going around a corner to the left...
Or is that why you'd mount 2 receivers to the front? 1 for right turns, 1 for left turns? Lol:S

Well sir, I admit that moving the PV off to the side does not give the driver unlimited view. But IMHO, the ability to still see all the front, down the side, and what would normally be the right rear corner of the trailer is a improvement over only seeing the front. To see a spotter, she must be in a area outside the door glass, not at the back of trailer where most drivers that use a spotter prefer to have one.
I much prefer to keep the trailer where I can use my mirrors, but YMMV.
As for the 2 receivers, if using a cargo platform or such, mounted at 2 points would be more stable.

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
e trailer is good for US based purchases, but I have used Hitchweb.com for purchases here in Canada. No hassles with customs and duty, prices in Canadian dollars and good service. They have a Draw Tite and a Curt shown on their website.
On my Chevy I went with the one that sticks down further, but if I were to do it again I would get the one that gives me more ground clearance! Even though it means cutting into the front fascia for the receiver to pass through.
Good luck.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ ???
Uhhh ok, as long as you're going around a corner to the left...
Or is that why you'd mount 2 receivers to the front? 1 for right turns, 1 for left turns? Lol:S
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, I modify most things. What do you plan to use the receiver for? To carry a wheel less trailer, center might be ok, but I think I would go with 2.
If your idea is to use it to spot our TT first try a easy experiment. Nose your truck up close to the TT like it would be when hooked up. Now as the driver, what can you see? IMHO, if this is the use you plan a much better idea would be mount the receiver near the end of the right frame rail. When pushing the trailer around you could see at least one side. Not as good as using mirrors...

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok I’ll check them out thanks

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
This one bolts right on:

eTrailer bolt-on front receiver

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
2011 F250 Draw-Tite installation was a straight bolt-in-place. An extra person, or 2 floor jacks makes life a lot easier.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)