cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It is no wonder

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
No wonder the forum has so few posts. Every time you want to post something. You have to prove you are alive. I'm betting many just find that some what off putting, and not worth the hassle..

BTW. Y'all can move this any where you want.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
58 REPLIES 58

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
I figured the reason there was always only a fraction of a page is because I've blocked all the obnoxious ars-hats that have nothing useful to post and there just isn't much left. :h

I have noticed that almost all of those ars-hats and those that have nothing to add to the discussion or just want to argue both sides and are never wrong that I have blocked just don't seem to show up anymore,maybe they got the message or just gave up and quit,either way a win all around.

Oh and I have never got that captcha thing and I also note that the same ones that always complained have gone away too.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
The problem with captcha is sometimes it acts just as you described where you checkmark you are a real person and it moves on. Other times after you checkmark it pops up a new screen with a picture and asks you to click on all the pictures that contain something specific like all store fronts or all traffic lights etc. And then sometimes it apparently it goes into a loop and after you click on say all the traffic lights it puts up a new picture and asks you to click on the busses then gives a new screen to click on all the traffic lights.

One trick I found with Captcha is if it gets stuck in the loop I just click the next button without selecting anything on the screen and it usually moves on and posts.

Back button for the win.
On the rare occasion that I see the captcha, or the cloudflare error message, I just click the back button, and hit "post" again. Works every time.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ah, I see. I have had that pop up on other sites a couple of times. It could definitely become annoying with frequent interruptions.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
The problem with captcha is sometimes it acts just as you described where you checkmark you are a real person and it moves on. Other times after you checkmark it pops up a new screen with a picture and asks you to click on all the pictures that contain something specific like all store fronts or all traffic lights etc. And then sometimes it apparently it goes into a loop and after you click on say all the traffic lights it puts up a new picture and asks you to click on the busses then gives a new screen to click on all the traffic lights.

One trick I found with Captcha is if it gets stuck in the loop I just click the next button without selecting anything on the screen and it usually moves on and posts.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I must admit I'm at a bit of a loss, my experience with the Capcha was a non-event. The page came up when I clicked "Post Message", I clicked the box, and the post finished posting. You all must be getting something that I'm not. It barely ranks as an inconvenience.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I've had it happen to me several times as well, although not lately. There were a few times when I just deleted my posts because it was just simply too much trouble to post them.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
While I do not like captcha I'm sure it serves a purpose of keeping the spam down. We do see spam posts from time to time here, but it seems to be caused by a live person. Captcha probably blocks out a bunch of stuff that we never see.

I'll bet the admin can or does get a report about how many spam posts were blocked with captcha and freeing up the moderators.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan wrote:
No wonder the forum has so few posts. Every time you want to post something. You have to prove you are alive. I'm betting many just find that some what off putting, and not worth the hassle..

What/who controls "Captcha" and/or where does it come from, anyway:

- Does it come from the server that handles the forum software ?
- Is it an option that is turned on within the forum software?
- Etc?

Obviously ... why can't/doesn't someone who overall controls the operation of this forum shut off Captcha when us users complain enough? :h
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Ima posting to see if I'm still alive. I see it therefore I am...here fer now.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdb7566 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:

Only voters have to prove they're alive, allegedly.

no not really. With out voter ID. Lots of dead people vote. some more than once.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:

Only voters have to prove they're alive, allegedly.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
WTP-GC wrote:
Reason for such few posts...???
Probably because, like this very thread, thereโ€™s no useful or new information worth reading. This thread consists of 5 pages of โ€œI donโ€™t have that problemโ€ responses.
But if not for this thread, weโ€™d have our attention drawn to the numerous other threads, of which answers have posted and issues resolved a million times over again already.
When people realize that thereโ€™s nothing new to read or discover, they move on.

Thing is. I remember the days when there were anywhere from 5 to 12 pages to look through. We talked, and got to know each other, and helped one another along the way. Some time there is more than one answer to a question. Often one size doesn't fit all. However it seems things have changed, and not for the better. and no. they were different question, different issues, and subjects. Not 12 pages of the same thing.
we talked about tires of course, brake controlers, Campgrounds, roads to and from CGs. Well just every thing. But now we sometimes get 2 pages and that is it. Usually just one. It just isn't so much fun anymore.
And yes. I do get aggravated having to prove I'm a live.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I usually do not get the Captcha. But it does seem to come up if I click on the preview button more than a few times while drafting a long post with pictures. Yes it pops up on the preview, not on the post button. But once it pops up you have no choice but to post whether or not you're finished. If you do not you will lose the entire post and have to start over.

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
I have never gotten the Capcha popup.

Me neither.
There is something special about camping in an RV.