cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Look what I found at the dollar store...

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
After keeping my eyes open for something like it for about five years, I finally found this...and at the dollar store even, so plenty affordable.

And this is why I was looking for one of them:

Merry Christmas to me!

(Interestingly, the die-cast metal part is basically just the cab and a sort of backbone along the bottom of the toy, while the plastic part is the whole camper body. That struck me as an unusually realistic construction technique!)
10 REPLIES 10

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:

Pretty cool - Which dollar store, Family Dollar, Dollar General or Dollar Tree?

It came from a Dollar Tree.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
After keeping my eyes open for something like it for about five years, I finally found this...and at the dollar store even, so plenty affordable.

Merry Christmas to me!

(Interestingly, the die-cast metal part is basically just the cab and a sort of backbone along the bottom of the toy, while the plastic part is the whole camper body. That struck me as an unusually realistic construction technique!)

Pretty cool - Which dollar store, Family Dollar, Dollar General or Dollar Tree?
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
cute as two buttons!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Drew, do you have any idea of how much that little camper and trailer is worth unopened in its original package ? :B

As a matter of fact, I do, at least roughly speaking. It has a street price of about $1.00 (plus tax) these days in the original, unopened package. :C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drew, do you have any idea of how much that little camper and trailer is worth unopened in its original package ? :B

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It's the little things in life that bring the greatest joy! Congrats on your new find. Happy Camping!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What's that truck's payload?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
And to think, I thought I would never be able to afford a new rig? How much was it? LOL Merry Christmas
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Should go over big in Australia,being that the door is on the correct side for them :B

You likely can't see it in the pictures, but the steering wheel is on the left side, so that would be not so great in Australia.

There is an additional entry door on the back of the unit that looks as though it would run afoul of the trailer hitch pin, though in real life the hitch pin would be relatively smaller. Evidently it's not based on any specific actual RV, but rather a rough imagined composite of several...and that's plenty good enough for my keychain.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should go over big in Australia,being that the door is on the correct side for them :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C