Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: senior pass
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> senior pass

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
joegray

British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/19 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a Canadian I have always bought a Interagency pass for the National Parks. It costs me $80 US for a year,thats about $110 Cdn, is it worth it,Yes. We have traveled through the southwest and northwest, going through most of the NP in those areas. They are beautiful places to visit and to stay. Is a $110 a year lot of money. No, not when a have a $100,000 vehicle unit and spend at least $100 on fuel and camping per DAY. Do I save money on this pass, sometimes yes and sometimes no.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 04:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will always thank, welcome home, and apologize to any returning vet or anybody in the service. OTOH, I will not disparage the work done, or the risk taken by the clerk at 7-11.

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/19 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

RGar974417 wrote:

Our government can give freebies to people that never contributed to this country or to illegals,so they can give a discount to those of us who worked hard and served our country.

Just to educate me, can you tell me exactly what federal benefits our government is giving to illegal immigrants?

It is not only benefits. According to DOJ there are 55,000 illegals in federal prisons,235,000 in state and local prisons. That is a huge cost prosecuting,housing them,paying for medical care,defense lawyers etc. Keeping some of them in detention centers while awaiting hearings. Since most don't have health care ,they go to hospital emergency rooms and don't pay.Their kids go to our schools.They are eligible for some programs for kids like WIC. It is estimated on average all these things cost about $118 million a year.

Twenty-six states make immigrants eligible for state-funded benefit programs. Most of these states either offer assistance to families or provide access to healthcare to otherwise uninsured immigrants. Examples of these programs are New York’s Safety Net Assistance, California’s CalFresh Food Assistance Program, and California’s Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI).

lbrjet

Gold Canyon, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/19 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Off the rails is right. The increase to $80 was done under the prior administration. The current discussion is about restricting the camping discount at certain parks / times of years. Not restricting seniors from visiting a park when they choose.

2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 03:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At the risk of opening a can of worms and even mentioning AARP, I feel that I must. I was recently told that AARP is going to put their foot forward to stop this action from taking place.
Be it good or bad, I just had to mention it.
Don't shoot the messenger.

Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, "Bob", has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am going to ask you folks to stop and think for a minute.

I keep reading posts from political propagandists (Polite term for liars) about how Illegal Immigrants are taking our social security benefits.

Now To Qualify for SS benefits you need to have an SS number. If you are Illegal you do not have an SS number so already you can't get 'em.

Then you need to pay in. under that SS number. for 40 quarters (ten years).

Once you do that you can get SS... But illegals may well pay in but (Under a false SS number.. they do not verify on incoming) but when it comes time to collect benefits. No Valid SS = No Benefits.

So how they gonna collect?

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wa8yxm

I think they may be referring to Social Services not Social Security. If so they are correct.

lbrjet

Gold Canyon, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 05:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

At the risk of opening a can of worms and even mentioning AARP, I feel that I must. I was recently told that AARP is going to put their foot forward to stop this action from taking place.
Be it good or bad, I just had to mention it.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The article states they are going to lobby against it. I will be 62 in January (and immediately purchasing my lifetime pass) and personally could care less one way or the other which way this goes. Even at full price the NP camgrounds are one of the best deals going.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

I keep reading posts from political propagandists (Polite term for liars) about how Illegal Immigrants are taking our social security benefits.

Now To Qualify for SS benefits you need to have an SS number. If you are Illegal you do not have an SS number so already you can't get 'em.

Once you do that you can get SS... But illegals may well pay in but (Under a false SS number.. they do not verify on incoming) but when it comes time to collect benefits. No Valid SS = No Benefits.

NO! Somebody expecting people to think?
Most of my life I have assumed most people are honest, and only a few are criminals, and a few others should not be tempted to much. And I thought the dishonest where the most likely to think others will take advantage of them. But lately I have come to the conclusion the dishonest is a much higher percentage than I thought.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 06:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Maybe you should read this.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> senior pass
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.